13. H U R T S L I K E H E L L

[Some people need to be alone to realize what they had before.]

It's been 3 days, 7 hours, 32 minutes and 4 seconds since Y/N left the manor. Yes, Black Hat was counting it. It was actually easy, because the villain was pretty good with numbers. What was truly hard for him was to explain what happened to his employees. So he just kept it all to himself.

Actually, Flug already knew what happened, because Y/N and him talk via internet, without Black Hat knowing about.

The scientist knew about the fight and about the things Black Hat said. But he knew that Y/N was pretty sad and disappointed, too, even though her biggest dream was real. She truly missed him.

...But what no one knew was that the end was near to the poor girl.

⋅ ⋆ ❦ ⋆ ⋅

Everything that was on his mind was Y/N.

Of course Black Hat could see something was off with him. He tried to fake, tried to be himself again. But he obviously couldn't.

It was like a part of him was missing.

"I don't want them to know the secrets,"

He didn't know it could be so exhausting to be away from someone you want to be with. He had no idea how much he missed Y/N. And he shouldn't be so attached to someone like that.

Black Hat sighed for the 23rd time in 10 minutes, tired of looking at the piles of paper on his desk. The villain was thinking about going out to torture a hero. It would be fun and he could release all the stress accumulated since Y/N left him. It was a good idea.

"I don't want them to know the way I loved you,"

But a desperate knock on the door interrupted his thoughts.

"J-jefe, I-I-I need to talk to you!" it was just Flug. But he seemed to be more scared than normal somehow.

Black Hat sighed once more and rolled his eyes, impatient. "Come in, you idiot."

Flug entered the room, tension in the air. The scientist was trembling. His face was covered but Black Hat could feel that Dr. Flug had a sad expression.

"I don't think they'd understand it, no"

"What happend, fool?" Black Hat asked uninterested, staring at his employee. "Demencia escaped again?"

The scientist wasn't sure if he should tell Black Hat what happened. He still couldn't believe it.

"Jefe... it's about Y/N..."

"What about her?" with an eyebrow raised, the villain quickly answered, truly curious about it.

"I don't think they would accept me, no"

Flug looked down, melancholic. "I'm s-s-sorry to be the one who has to inform you about it, but... I just g-got a call from her parents. She died a while ago."

Wait... what?

It was almost like time stopped. Like everything wasn't just... real. It couldn't be truth. It can't be truth. No.

"Uh...?" was the only answer Black Hat could give.

"I loved and I loved and I lost you,"

"A-apparently, Y/N told her parents that they should call our number if something happens to her..." the scientist sighed sadly, trying to explain. "They told me that she was in the city hospital since this morning, feeling lots of pain. Truth is that it was an heart attack, and they couldn't save her."

It was a pain to hear it. His chest tightened with every word. It's strange to suddenly lose something once you had, without the chance to even say goodbye.

"And it hurts like hell."

Black Hat felt something wet going down on his cheek. His gloved fingers reached for it. A single tear. So he could cry too.

"Is her body still in the hospital?" Black Hat asked out of blue, staring at nothing at all.

"Y-yes, why?"

"Take me to that hospital." the villain got up from his chair, darkness hiding his face. "Now."

The way to the hospital was utterly quiet. The news playing on the radio was the only thing heard in the car.

Flug truly wished to know what was on Black Hat's mind. He was just silent, no expression at all. The scientist could see that Y/N was really something important to him.

Finally at the hospital, and scaring civilians passing by, Black Hat threathed the hospital's employees to get the number of the room they need to go. Of course, no one would dare to deny it to the biggest villain around.

Room 247.

Black Hat and Flug made their way to the room where is Y/N's body. In the corridor, in front of the room, was an old couple, both looking melancholic. They were probably Y/N's parents.

Flug headed to the couple, wanting to talk to them personally. He also just couldn't bare to see Y/N's dead body. He still couldn't accept it.

As Flug distracted the couple, Black Hat entered the room. He suddenly felt tense, stepping closer to the bed where Y/N seemed to be peacefully sleeping.

She looked so fragile, so pale. Her usual red-like soft lips were in a painful tone of purple. But she also seemed to be at peace.

The villain took off his gloves and grabbed the girl's left hand, interlacing his fingers on hers, feeling how much her body was cold.

"You always said I am the one who's cold, uh?" Black Hat said most to himself, though still wishing to hear her answer.

But nothing came. Just silence.

"You knew it was close, didn't you?" he asked low. "Did you hate me even in your last moments, Y/N?"

Once again, nothing came.

He really wanted to hear her voice again. And he actually can. The villain had an idea on his mind since he knew what happened.

"You know I can't live without you, you idiot," Black Hat touched Y/N's cold cheeks, then planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Would you still hate me if I just bring you back?"

_______________

first of all i need to apologize. i wasn't feeling inspired enough nor had the time to write this sooner. i'm kinda having problems at school;;;;

[open doors scenes flashing on my mind] i have the impression that i like to kill the mc of my stories and make their partners suffer.

i.... just had to put black hat into hard situations so he could realize his own feelings? thats it