Revising // Beth

How much is too much? I have no idea, I'll tell you when I find out. Although it's probably different for everyone.

Right now my mum has me doing 2 hours everyday, thankfully not a straight two hour session but what if that doesn't matter? What if I do burn out?

Parents should make us revise yes, we need to -unless you're lucky and have a photographic memory- but pushing us for too much isn't going to help anyone.

We had two people in school yesterday, telling us that knowledge is only 20% for passing an exam. The other 80%? Confidence. Motivation.  Ross and Collin, the two people, had a couple of us come down to the front of the hall and do stuff. Two boys had to catch eggs on their back after throwing it up high. 4 of us, including me, had to create an acronyms for different groups of bones in our bodies. I came up with Fat Pat Tickles Feet, apparently no one would create better acronyms better than us four who had the confidence to go down there.

Sometimes Ross picked on us, asking us questions. But he never forced a single one of us to do something. No, he told us something very important.

We all have a choice. And it's our choice whether we want to pass our exams and to be bothered with the work and effort put into it. But its also our choice to not be bothered and fail.

Another thing we all had to was control our Amygdala. Maybe a few of you out there know what this little thing is, like me. If you don't, it creates the stress. Hen you feel stress, the Amygdala is at work. It works up in your brain.

To control our Amygdala's we had to do a very simple thing.

Big breath in.

Big breath out.

And repeat until calm, or at least less calm.

If you're nervous or scared to fail -unconfident- then you won't remember things.

We had to remember facts about David Beckham. And us girls are a lot more motivated than you lads, but only when it comes to facts about him. Facts about his football is what you lads remember.

I could tell you that his full name is David Robert Joseph Beckham. He has four children, Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and Harper. He's played for England 115 times. Made his big début in 1992. He went to two primary schools. His mum is called Sandra and his dads called Ted. He has two sisters; Lynn and Joanne. And I could probably tell you a few other things but I don't want to bore. Unless I have already, then whoops sorry.

Just remember, breathe, be confident and keep going over things in short periods over a long period of time. Its no use to start revising just a month before. And don't expect all of your teachers to help after school after they have taught everything they need to. You now need to put the effort in yourself.

Don't forget that.