Captures and Claimings

After Percy woke up we were inseparable for several days. I practiced with the Hermes cabin ate with the Hermes cabin sat with them during campfires. I refused to leave Percy's side. Soon Chiron announced that capture the flag would be on Friday. It was currently Monday but hey I grew up playing capture the flag with some of the people who are the best at it, The Avengers. When they were all home the most competitive games of capture the flag would break out. That week me and Annabeth worked nonstop on the strategy for the game after a debacle with Clarisse we figured Percy would be best for distracting the Ares cabin.  

Eventually it was Friday night and we were prepping for capture the flag. It was after dinner and we were getting ready. I glanced over to the Hermes table e Percy was standing next to Luke trying out swords. I fiddled with the simple necklace strung around my neck, the same necklace as the fateful day we fought our first monster. After I had been claimed Chiron had given it to me telling me that the gods had given him this sword for the one blessed by all.

We were finally ready everyone suited up and marching down to the woods I was on Flag Defense with a couple of Apollo campers. We were standing at Zeus's fist waiting for someone to attack when two of the Hephaestus campers burst through the trees. One I vaguely recognized under the helmet, Charles Beckendorf, and another female Hephaestus camper. They came at me with a great amount of skill, but, hey, I had grown up fighting some of the best fighters in the world. The Apollo campers were a great help against the two burly fighters. Not. By the time that we had finally subdued the Hephaestus campers a great cheer rose up from the boundary. We had won. I dashed to the creek to join the celebrations. Annabeth, by putting Percy on the boundary allowed for our team to pass by unnoticed. I quickly found Percy amongst the largest group of campers. I slung my arm around his shoulder, grinning broadly. Luke standing in the center the flag, bearing a caduceus, hoisted up into the air beaming with pride. 

Then a loud growl ripped through the crowd. A look of fear filled Chiron's face as he caught sight of the massive black hellound, crouched and ready to pounce, looking directly at Percy. "Stand ready! My bow!" Chiron shouted in Greek. Everyone froze. The hellhound pounced and Annabeth screamed, "Percy, Run!" I was frozen in shock as Annabeth jumped in front of the hellound in an attempt to protect Percy. But she wasn't fast enough. The hellhound quickly leapt over her and tore into Percy, his armor shredding like paper as it clawed at his chest. Suddenly an arrow sprouted from its neck destroying it instantly. Snapped out of my stupor I dashed forward towards Percy who seconds earlier was grievously wounded and yet was now practically healed. 

"Quick Percy get in the water," Annabeth commanded. And Percy quickly complied his wounds being gone in a split second. I threw my arms around him, a sense of relief wasing over me in a flood.

"You scared me you idiot!" I laughed as I hit his arm. "I thought you might die." I murmured as a vibrant blue light washed over us.  Above Percy's head was a glowing blue trident, the symbol of Poseiden.

"Hail Perceus Jackson, son of the Sea God," Chiron announced bending into a bow as the rest of the camp followed his lead. All except one, Me who was standing there a small grin resting upon my lips.