The beginning of the mistake

The night was longer than usual:

After Matt and Su went for their night walk on the beach I stood under the umbrella for quite sometime watched them until they looked small and almost disappeared. I fell in love with the ambience again. I was lost in my own thoughts then I felt a touch on my shoulder. I knew it was Ray so I turned towards him, Ray's face was lit up with a warm smile, warm enough to melt my heart. He said some words which were less words and more like a rhyming song to me.
Ray- What happened dear ? Why your eyes are so empty every time you look at the sea? Your eyes should filled with joy don't you think! I never should have fell for those words. They were true or not I'm unsure about that till now. But surely it felt like a warm quilt to me in my cold dark life...

I preferred not to answer any of those questions because we were not close enough then. "Let's go inside please we both should get some sleep. Su said they will stay together and spend tonight in our cottage so we both are left".  That's what I said to Ray.
Ray didn't said a word but his eyes spoke that he was expecting something more from mep. I managed to chuckle only. We went inside but I was afraid from myself, my own feelings were rushing towards Ray. I was caged between likes and dislikes for him. I really couldn't understand the dilemma inside my mind. I was frightened by the storm which was blowing so hard within me. I never shared a room with a guy that too someone so attractive I muttered. I took one pillow kept it between us and lied aside trying to sleep asap. But the universe planned something different for us that night stupid universe I always curse and I'll.

I was so sleepy before but I can't sleep now shit man !
Ray called my name.
Ray- Let's talk for a while beautiful , I can see you are awake. What do you say?
I sat in front of him and agreed "Let's talk then . Yes I am not sleepy anymore that's weird."
Ray was talking about the beauty of the sea, it was worth talking though. The moon turned orange covered by hazy clouds ,there was a small boat in the sea shore which looked like the only ferry towards the heaven. The sea was exquisite.
After many topics we came to the most unwanted one and that was about me and Vik. He wanted to know about Vicky how it started and how it ended up this bitter. I explained him everything. He then jumped towards my personal life, about my family. I explained him about my parents too. That's a wound which will never fade away. So when I was saying about my parents I felt hot water rolling on my cheeks. But before I could realise Ray held my head with one hand and pulled me towards him. Surprisingly pressed his lips to mine, stayed like that for some seconds. Then he moved his lips towards my forehead and placed a caring kiss there. I don't know why I felt weak in front of him. I could feel all the zoo animals inside my stomach. I couldn't move, just remained still like stone.

He removed his hand and came so close that I felt his breath on my face. It was warm and comforting, the smell of his musk was enough for me to pass out. I managed to look straight into his eyes, our eyes met and I felt an electric sensation inside. With a lot of care and warmth in his voice he said " Don't worry angel my life isn't perfect either. I have family squabbles too. My parents aren't divorced but they stay apart."
I only could offer him a hug so I wrapped my arms around his wide shoulders. And he hugged me back. I don't know how long I shed my tears and let out myself. I generally don't let anyone else peek inside my life. But I didn't mind to let him peek.

Slowly I loosened my arms , Ray wiped my tears. He again made me weak by putting a kiss on my lips. This  time I wasn't stiff like a stone. I kissed him back. His hands were on my waist and my arms encircled him. He pulled me closer to him. I swear that was the most intense kiss I ever had. His tongue was moving inside my mouth. I tried to catch some breath but the kiss was so sweet like a magnet that I just couldn't let it go.

But I stopped responding suddenly and pushed him back. Ray was totally in shock. I only said "we shouldn't".

Ray- but why not? If we both like each other then what's stopping you? Please don't gimme an explanation about Vicky. I will deal with him and you hate him anyway.
I couldn't collect a perfect answer that time but with all my strength I was trying to say that I'm not someone who prefers casual sex. But somehow I couldn't speak for myself. Ray understood my uneasiness and cupped my face with his hands and looked me in the eye. He said " it's ok if  you don't like the closeness now, but we can hold each other's hand and sleep like friends, right?"
I gave him a comforting smile and nodded to what he said. He removed the pillow which I kept between us and placed two pillow for himself , he stretched his hand and moved his head towards his elongated masculine  arm. I never had any such strong bond with anyone that I'll sleep like the way he was suggesting.
I kept my head on his arm and it was nothing less comforting than a pillow. I looked towards him. He was glowing in the moonlight his face was filled with care, his lips curled upwards as our eyes met. Ray said something too sweet after holding my hand "sleep angel. Your new nickname from today onwards. Because you're more than beautiful".

And the last thing I remember is his deep voice. Our fingers laced perfectly.

But I was a fool to fall for those words. I regretted them later on. I paid a high price for those moments and I still curse myself for that. And now I realise that yes shit happens!

Hello you all lovelies ! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. There's a lot more to come about Ray and Syrene. And get used to by the new nickname of Syrene. Again I'm saying the same old thing that don't forget to vote comment share. I need your support. :)