Pulling The Strings

The average transactions are not that impressive if you ask me. But Mr Petrakis I'm sure they are working it somehow, there's a loophole to this and we need to find it... I hope it will be beneficial for us.
Mr Petrakis, myself, Mr Robert King and Linda were present at the morning meeting. I did my part by showing both the pros and cons to my boss.

Mr Petrakis - Syrene you have a minute dear?

Yes sir! I certainly do have. What can I do for you?

Mr Petrakis - Oh yes! I would love to hear your detailed views about the Richard's farm. I kept all the details ready you can do it in your time. The meeting is on Friday. Before that try to cover everything on them.

Roger that Mr Petrakis. I winked at him with a smile.

Mr Petrakis - And see I almost forgot to tell you today Mr William is coming with his son. I hope you know Rayan William from the Williamson & Co. So you have to join us for lunch. Its with our PR team so you have to come. Meet me at sharp 11.45. We'll leave together.

Syrene - It would be my pleasure to accompany you. See you soon.

With a warm smile on my face I walked towards my chair. I saw Linda with a curious face waiting inside my cabin for me.
Linda - Hi Miss Forbes! Some friend of yours Mr Ray Bateman I believe is here waiting for you. Can I bring him inside?

What! Ray. I mean Mr Bateman is here? Yeah send him inside please.

Linda quickly went to fetch him. I saw my watch its 9.30am so he reached my office. What he thinks of himself!!!

Ray - May I come in Miss Forbes?

I looked up it was Ray with a bunch of flowers in his hand. And a deadly soft smile, the smile which can melt an ice burg I believe.
I tried to restrain myself.

Thank you Linda. As I saw Linda was looking for my approval to leave.

Ray come in. Sit down please.

Ray was wearing formals. No words how he was looking!

So you are here for?

Ray - Come on Syrene! I want to make peace between you and me. I'm sorry for those things I said. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just tried to share.

Syrene- Ok Ray I understand and there's no harm in sharing. But you know what, I just have one question.

Ray- Yeah go on.

Syrene - I heard about your friend,
but do you have the same view about our thing or relationship or whatever you wanna call it? Cause I have seen you when you were telling this. It felt indifferent.

Ray- Babe please! It's not that easy for me
I have the baggage of my family name on my shoulder.

Syrene - Oh please! Stop it Ray. I'm not a fool. I stepped into this with my eyes wide open but it felt right with you at first. The question was easy to answer with a 'yes' or 'no'. And I knew you won't answer it directly. Now if you please excuse me. I have things to attend.

Ray - So if you set up your mind already then let me tell you the truth. Yes I can't disagree with my friend and yes if my father comes to know about you you'll be in danger. So more than myself I'm worried about you. He's the head of the Bateman family. It's not that easy for me. And I do have second thoughts but Syrene Forbes I never had second thought about you.

Ray opened the door and stormed out of the room.
I sat down on my chair. Thoughts of different kinds came and moved through my mind. I couldn't find water on my table. I called out to Linda.
After gulping some water I came into my senses. It will take time to process. But whatever it is it's difficult for me too to take back Ray after what he just said. I don't know what to think or to say to myself before deciding on anything.

My intercom rang. Its Mr Petrakis.

Mr Petrakis - Hello dear! Is it ok if you come for a minute in my office.

Yes sir I'll be there soon.

I rushed towards his office. I realised halfway towards his cabin that he might ask about the Richard's farm file but I left it. I ran back to collect the file but surprisingly I found Ray there. He was writing something. I didn't meant to startle him so I went inside and stroked softly on my cabin's door.

Without a moment's delay Ray came closer to me. I started to feel again weak. His breath was warm and I felt it close on my face. He held my hand and called my name softly "Syrene I...."
and before I know his lips melted on mine. He held me tightly closer to his chest. His wide arms wrapped around my waist. I closed my eyes the moment he held me. My hand wired his broad shoulders. I was full with his fragrance. I was in a different world. I felt alive than ever before. It felt like eternity just before Linda's voice reached my ear.

Linda - Miss Forbes. She cleared her throat. Mr Petrakis... O.. I'm sorry.. Didn't mean to.. I'll... I'll come later.

Syrene - No Linda wait. I was my on my way Infact just.. I'm coming with you.

Ray - Actually I'm leaving. I was about to. I'm..
Ray rushed towards the exit and we went towards Mr Petrakis's office.

My cheeks were red. Within a moment my heart felt light. Though one kiss can never make up for what he said but his kiss is surely toxic.

Keep following commenting and sharing. 💜💜💜