The reality check

We were driving towards home for quite long. We all are hungry so we decided to grab something for our branch. Matt Su and Ray went to get some food and they came back with chicken burgers, french fries, soda and some other snacks.

We started our journey back cause we have to get back soon. I was terrified about Vicky, the thought of seeing him again was crawling inside me slowly. I wanted never to get back and face him after the threats he has given.

I was going for the second bite when I saw something which widened my eyes and brought smile on my face instantly. Su was feeding and wiping Matt's face so we were pulling their leg and making fun of them. Ray whistled loudly.

"Wait! Are you even for real! Are you blushing Su?"

"Shut up! Or else I'm gonna kick your ass very bad".

"Ok ok" I said raising my hands up in the air like I lost but anyway they were cute.

Next we stopped on a place to stretch and breath some fresh air. All of them started clicking pictures. The scenic beauty was attractive. I was enjoying the sunset across the water- meadow, the cool evening breeze was touching my face . The reflection of the Sun was melting in the water. It was so green everywhere, with wild flowers scattered here and there. I'm sure they smell nice too.

It was finally dark when I opened my eyes after a short nap. I felt Ray's hand shaking me softly. I realised yes, the person next to the drivers seat has no right to sleep. We changed our seats after our last stop. Matt was tired after driving so long. Ray took his place so I preferred to accompany him and basically leave Su and Matt alone too.

"Ok I'm wide awake now, no need to shake me Ray. Let me play some good music."

"Yes that's a good idea Ray."

Coldplay, Tove lo, Bruno Mars one by one the music was lifting our mood. And one song was on repeat that was 'just the way you are'. Ray kept asking for the same song over and over again. He was looking into my eyes between the drive and was singing the song. The bright moon was following us the whole time. I guessed that Ray is singing this for me. We were enjoying our drive, Su was sleeping though. Suddenly with a high pitch our car made a horrible sound, Ray pushed the break hard 'creeechhh'. We realised that it was a tyre puncture. It was quite late, the road was too dark and it was unsafe to go out and fix the car. There was a high chance of getting mugged or robbed. Anything could have happened then. I could sense the fear gulped our bliss. Matt and Ray were trying to pull themselves together. Su was up and pale by then. The boys decided to fix the situation. They got down and locked the door.

I know we were suppose to feel scared and may be its very lame to say this but then but we weren't scared. Both Suzanne and I were enjoying the view. Somehow we knew that somebody was there for us. It felt really good. The shady one-way, the gloating trees, rare passing vehicle everything was nice to us at least it was too me cause there was Ray...

After an hour of hard work the tyre was changed. It took a lot of effort. And finally we started our journey again. But it was very late by then. Su and I were getting tensed cause we were running out of time, we promised to get back by the evening that day.

After all these drama we finally reached our hometown safely. First we decided to drop Suzanne and then me. I was continuously getting calls from mom. I have received other text messages and calls as well. I was so scared to open them that I decided to check them later when I get back home. But the thought of Vicky and his threats were bugging me. My mother was waiting for me and she was tensed. Ray was comforting me all the time. He said he'll talk to my mother about being late.

And there I saw my mom standing outside for me. I came out of the car and rushed towards her, I felt my heart was beating fast. I panicked. Ray followed me and before I could say anything he started explaining to my mom. My mom was relieved but she wasn't fully buying it.

***********************
After getting fresh and comforting my mother. I sat down on my bed. My body was aching. I couldn't stop thinking of Ray. I leaned over on my regular boring bed. I saw my phone blinked. I opened, it was an audio from Ray. 'The way you smile.......' my lips curled upwards I couldn't stop but to giggle. It was a part of the song we were playing all the time. Ray send me. I typed 'good night' with a smiley. The next thing what was left was to check the other text message from Vik. I noticed a lot of cursing and threats from Vik. Honestly I wasn't shocked cause he wrote worst than this before. But the message bugged me more from Miranda. She kept asking me where I was, why my phone was unreachable and why they couldn't contact the other three. I didn't have any answer and I wanted the answer to be same. So I skipped that part. But that wasn't enough, Miranda called everyone to the cafe tomorrow and she wanted an explanation from me and Suzanne especially. I know she's doubting us. She invited for coffee but I knew that wasn't all. My heart skipped a bit. I felt my face warm. I was so tensed about facing Vicky and Miranda. I quickly texted every detail to Ray and Suzanne. I got reply from Ray he said he'll talk to Matt and sort out everything not to worry. My phone vibrated its Su. " Babe sleep, we'll kick her ass somehow. Don't worry." Suzanne again succeeded to ease my mind. I smiled. I decided to sleep.

I was so tired I should sleep. I couldn't sleep cause the memories kept flashing on the moments I spent with him. It made me feel shy. I closed my eyes but I felt every touch of his on mine. My body was on fire, I wanted Ray. I wanted his touch. I wanted to kiss him. I was craving for his soft moist lips touching my body. I felt the coldness in my spine when I remembered his face loving me deeply and kissing me hungrily. I felt his warm breath on face. It was so real. Ray is there for me, I sighed with relief. At least that's what it felt like. I drowned myself into his thoughts and before I knew I felt asleep. I knew that a lot was there for tomorrow but I knew I had him with me. I was so excited to meet him again. I will meet Ray, my Ray.....

But I should never say that to myself, I never should have believed the way he comforted me. I never should have believed.....

Hello guys! Thank you for your support. Please keep loving the way you are. Don't forget to vote comment and share. :)