Stuck

I realised I'm home when the springs hit my back. Opened my eyes uninspired. I knew what was my regular boring routine. It was eight when I looked at the wall clock. Mom is already up and working on something. I sat on my bed checked out my phone. The text was long spread from Miranda. She invited all of us at six in the evening. I couldn't help but to despise Miranda and Vicky. They wanted to create a mess out of it and I decided to talk to them directly.

I was ready to go to office. I packed my bag pack and asked my mother to join me for breakfast. I placed her plate and put the meyo-cheese sandwich with a pinch of crushed mint and pepperoni just the way she likes. And poured  her favorite tea, steaming chamomile- lavender.

We had a good breakfast together. I described about my little interview session. And thankfully she bought it but she was definitely not happy with Miranda. Mamma didn't liked the way she interrogated her without any reason. I explained as much as I could then I left for my job.

'What happened dear? Why are you still here?' Mr Petrakis asked me when I was standing in front of the computer.
'Oh hello Mr Petrakis! I'm actually getting ready to leave but its raining outside and I missed the bus.' I was actually displeased with the number of calls I was getting anonymously from Miranda and Vicky. But I can't step out because of this heavy rain.

I stood up for almost half an hour.

I was rushing to get the bus, just then my phone rang. I took out, Mom's name was plastered all over my screen.

"Yes mom!"

"Honey where are you? It's late."

"Yes mom I'm on my way. I'll be there soon".

I couldn't say her about meeting Miranda and others. I don't think it'll be possible for me to meet them today. I don't know how Miranda will react about this. Su already texted me four times, she said she is there and she needs me and I'm trying hard to reach. Ray was checking on me too. I know they must have started interrogating Su, I should reach there soon.

After another thirty minutes I got my bus, it's delayed because of the rain they said. I texted Su and Ray asap I rode the bus. But I don't think I'll reach anywhere soon cause I can see a row of red lights aligned one after one. I could sense that there's no chance of meeting them. So I texted Miranda "hi there! I'm so sorry that I won't be able to meet you today. I'm stuck due to traffic".

I was waiting for a reply but there wasn't. I knew the consequences. My stomach jolted, I was afraid of the part where Miranda and Vicky are all teamed up and planning something. I know Sandy must be there and supporting them. It's nine already, am still here stuck. This time I called mom to inform my situation.
My phone vibrated. It's Miranda " you're missing out all the fun here anyway we are about to leave. See you later. Xoxo.." I don't know how she can pretend so much. I knew those were fake words. So I decided to talk to Su after I reach.

Finally I could listen the hustle and loud horns, so I understood my ride is moving forward now.

It was ten five when I reached home. I saw mom was waiting for me on the doorstep. She hugged and took my umbrella. She held my hand and we entered the house. I was so hungry and cold that I wanted to change first then pour some steaming chicken broth to myself. In fact I could smell the delicious food mom was cooking. So I rushed towards my room. But my phone rang loudly. I took it out from my bag and sat down. It's an unknown number. What should I do? Should I just pick up..?
I picked it up, after a short pause I heard a course voice from the other side. I managed to say 'hello' but the sound of speaker was cracking. "I'm waiting with some acid in my hand hun! Why don't you dare to go out of your house tomorrow?"  A creepy laugh was echoing. I hung up.

Coldness filled inside me. My head was spinning, I couldn't decide what to do. I knew its Vicky, but why he's playing dumb now. Is it the way to talk with anyone?
I changed quickly and texted Su about everything. But she wasn't replying back, she must be busy. The irksome anxiety was eating me from inside. I couldn't move when I thought about the lines from Vicky. I called Ray.
After explaining everything to Ray, he was astonished. He was forcing me to escort me from my house to office everyday. But I knew it was not the solution neither it was easy for Ray. So I declined the offer. But Ray was furious he said he wants to speak and solve this in his own way.

I exhaled, I was exhausted and starving. I wanted to sit down and have a meal with my mother. I kept aside my phone and went for dinner.

My day was tiring. My feet is hurting and I didn't want to think of anything. But I was wondering about Su. I called her again this time.

Syrene- " Hi Su! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it today. I was stuck as you know. So tell me everything sweetheart".

Su- "yeah, I was disappointed but you know its good. I missed you. Miranda asked me so many times that where were we and you won't believe she called my mom too. She did this can you really tell!"

Usual Suzanne spoke her mind out without taking a breath.

Syrene- "Ok. So when she asked for the next meeting? She even texted me about missing out on many things."

Su-"Don't know man! What she's upto but yeah Matt backed me up well you know! Even Ray defended. But I don't think she'll raise this topic again."

Syrene-" yes we'll deal with her. You are correct."

After talking to Su I was less worried. She didn't speak about Vicky though
Maybe its late so she choose to discuss this later. Anyhow today the traffic wasted a lot of time and made me more exhausted. The idea of traffic rain and everything else especially Vicky made me numb.

My phone vibrated and it was Su she knows me so well. She said that we will talk about Vicky later. That curled my lips upward. I wished her 'good night'.

I quickly wore my pjs and slipped inside my bed. My quilt felt warmer than ever and before I knew I closed my eyes.