Chapter 15 "Merry Christmas/NYE"

Christmas Day

Summer "Kk"

I woke up and automatically felt happy that it's Christmas! It's my favorite holiday to celebrate

I woke up and automatically felt happy that it's Christmas! It's my favorite holiday to celebrate. I checked my phone to see it's only 7 am, but I'm so hype it's Christmas!  I got out of my bed & went to see if my mom was up. I peeked into her room & she was completely knocked out. Drool and everything. I went to my bathroom and washed my face & brushed my teeth before heading to the kitchen.

I decided to make us breakfast, but then I thought about making food for everyone. I grabbed my robe and slippers and made my way inside the main house. I went up to Skye's room & saw she was fast asleep. She'll be alright. I began shaking her to wake her up.

"Morning sleepy head! Merry Christmas!" I said in a sing-song way.

"Really KK?! It's 7 am!" She said.

"I'm fully aware. Let's go make breakfast for everyone!" She laid back in her bed, and began adjusting her eyes to the sun. Finally, she stood up to her feet. She went to her bathroom to do whatever & I decided to go ahead to the kitchen.

I took out all the food & pans we'd need for breakfast  & decided we should make French toast, grits, eggs & bacon. That seems like a good food spread so I began turning different eyes on the stove. Skye stood beside me & helped make the mix for the French toast while I cracked the eggs.

"You know I've never got up to cook Christmas breakfast before. Momma's gonna be so shocked." Skye said.

"I always do this for my Mom so it's kind of like tradition to wake up this early." I said. We continued to cook in silence because 1) we were getting hungrier just looking at all the food & 2) we're still tired from staying up late after the family dinner last night.

"Skye can you finish stirring up the grits while I go wake up my Mama?" I asked.

"Sure. I'm gonna call mine from the intercom." She replied. I left to head back to the guest house & saw my mom in the kitchen about to fix some cereal.

"'Merry Christmas Mommy!" I said. I gave her a hug and placed the milk back in the fridge.

"Merry Christmas baby....AYE I'm about to eat!" She said.

"Don't eat the cereal. Me and Skye made breakfast for everyone so come on." I said. She grabbed her robe & slippers & we walked back to the house. We greeted everyone at the table & said grace.

"I can't believe y'all cooked breakfast for us." Auntie Bey said.

"Right. I'm surprised Skylar knows how to cook cause she's never been near a stove." Uncle Shawn joked.

"Uh hello. I'm sitting right here." Skye said pouting. We all laughed.

"So after breakfast y'all ready for presents?" Auntie Bey asked.