Chapter 3: Caught my eye

The first part of the photoshoot went by smoothly. Namjoon paid more attention to the actual photos he was taking, rather than Seokjin himself. It calmed his nerves a lot more than paying attention to the handsome model's face. He had to admit, he was an extremely good model. He knew every pose and angle to do when Namjoon gave him the directions. He was picture perfect, but of course, Namjoon expected no less from him.

After a few hours, the whole crew was allowed a lunch break. Namjoon happily treated himself to the food he was offered, not letting any of it go to waste. He stood alone and ate his lunch, when all of a sudden,

"Excuse me, Namjoon?"

Namjoon turned his head to see Seokjin standing next to him. He was smiling kindly with a plate full of food, as he looked up at the taller man. "I heard from your company that you're actually new to the business. Pardon me if I seem rude, but, why did they send you to such a big company if you're new?"

"Oh, well, m-my boss said he wanted to test my skills. I-I was nervous at first, but it's actually really fun being here." Namjoon stuttered out and smiled back at Seokjin.

Seokjin nodded and let out small 'Ohh'. They stood together in a strangely comfortable silence, eating their food. Namjoon looked over to speak with Seokjin, but noticed his plate that was full of food a few minutes before..

"You're done already?!" He shouted, astonished. Seokjin tilted his head in confusion, before he looked at his plate. He laughed as his cheeks coated with a light pink. 'Mochi', Namjoon though to himself in an instant.

"Not many people know, but I really like to eat. I'm not very picky, and I'll eat almost anything." Seokjin said as he calmed down his laughter. "It's easy to burn it all off with the training, so I don't worry about it."

Namjoon smiled and laughed softly. "At least you're eating right. We wouldn't want such a handsome model like yourself starving."

"You think I'm handsome?"

Namjoon paused as a red blush spread across his cheeks and ears. "Well, y-you didn't get nicknamed "Worldwide handsome" for nothing, r-right?"

"I guess you're right." Seokjin chuckled at the younger, flustered boy. "It's just, when you said it, I felt like it had more....meaning behind it. Anyways, I should go talk to my manager before the break is over, so I'll see you later!"

Seokjin walked away from Namjoon and left him both confused and embarrassed. More meaning? What was that supposed to mean? He obviously meant that Seokjin was a beautiful man with a kind heart...Wait, did Seokjin not hear that often? Were all the comments on his looks really just because he was a model with a pretty face? Did anyone really acknowledge his personality?

"Alright, crew!" Mr.Hyun shouted, breaking Namjoon out of his thoughts. "Time to get back to work!"

Namjoon nodded and looked towards Seokjin, who was going to his change room to get dressed in the next outfit for the photoshoot. He decided while he was re-adjusting his equipment that he would talk to Seokjiin after today's photoshoot was over.

About 3 hours later, the day was over. It was 7 o'clock, and everyone was going back home. Namjoon hadn't gotten the text from his driver yet, so he ran to find Seokjin quickly. He caught him waiting for the elevator on his own. Mr.Hyun must have told him that he could go get cleaned up on his own.

"Hyung!" Namjoon called out to Seokjin, making him turn around. He smiled once he noticed it was the young photographer.

"Hey, Namjoon. Getting ready to head home?" He asked.

Namjoon smiled nervously. He stood next to Seokjin and waited for the elevator with him. "I'm waiting for a text from my driver. I wanted to talk to you about something first, though."

Seokjin tilted his head. "What is it?"

Namjoon took a deep breath. "When we were talking during the lunch break, I called you beautiful. You told me that something was different about when I said it, saying that you felt like it had more 'Meaning' behind it. It lingered in my mind, and I started to wonder..." He looked over at the model. "When people, specifically your photographers, call you beautiful, handsome, or anything along those lines...Have they even had a conversation with you to see what kind of personality you have?"

Seokjin was surprised. Nobody ever asked him that before, nor has anyone ever even noticed. Yet this young, new photographer read him as if he was a book. He stayed silent, not knowing how to reply to Namjoon at all.

"I'm sorry, was that rude of me to ask?" Namjoon's voice broke through the silence. Seokjin jumped a bit, looking towards him and smiling sheepishly.

"No, no! It's alright, really. I'm just...surprised." He replied. The elevator finally arrived, and the two stepped inside. Seokjin pressed the button for the floor with his dressing room, but Namjoon just stood still. He continued speaking.

"What's so surprising?"

Seokjin let out a small sigh. "Nobody has ever noticed that. None of the people who work with me want to know about who I really am, they just want to get recognition for working with me. Not a single person has noticed how it really makes me feel." He paused, and glanced at Namjoon. "But you noticed it in a single conversation, Namjoon."

The elevator went dead silent after that. The only sound that broke the silence was the small 'ding', signaling that Seokjin had reached his floor. He stepped out and turned to say goodbye to his photographer, only to find out that he had stepped out of the elevator as well.

"Wha-"

"Do you want to go out to get something to drink tomorrow morning before we start work?"

Seokjin's eyes widened as Namjoon cut him off. "Are you serious...?"

"I want to get to know you better." Namjoon offered a friendly grin. "Would that be alright with you, Seokjin?"

Seokjin felt extremely happy. His heart beat faster as he nodded rapidly, "Yes! Of course!"

Was this man really older than him? He was acting like a kid at a candy store. Namjoon laughed lightly as he thought this, his phone buzzing in his pocket a moment later. He pulled out and saw that it was his driver, telling him that he was outside. Namjoon looked at Seokjin.

"I have to go, my driver is here. Where can I meet you?"

Seokjin thought for a moment, before holding out his hand. "Can I borrow your phone for a second? I need to call someone really quick."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow curiously, but handed his unlocked phone to him. Seokjin typed away at the dial pad, before handing Namjoon his phone back. Namjoon was confused, until he looked back at his phone screen. There in his contacts was the name 'Jin' with an emoji of a pink flower. He looked back up at Seokjin.

"Text me when you get home and we'll discuss it then, alright? Oh, and, you can call me Jin from now on." He chirped out.

Namjoon chuckled and nodded. "Ok, Jin. I'll text you soon."
Seokjin waited with Namjoon until his elevator arrived. The two said their goodbyes after Namjoon got into the elevator.

"Oh, and Namjoon..." Jin added as the two waved goodbye. "....Cute phone case~"

The elevator doors closed. 'My phone case...' Namjoon pulled out his phone to look at it. His face flushed pink as he realized what Seokjin had pointed out. He had completely forgotten that his phone case was Ryan from Kakao friends.

On Seokjin's car ride home, he couldn't stop playing with his phone. A smile was plastered on his face the whole ride home while he patiently waited for Namjoon to text him. Nobody had ever really wanted to make plans with him or get to know him in forever. He did have his friend who was a basketball player, Min Yoongi, but they rarely get to see each other because whenever one person has time, the other doesn't. So he was excited to get to know this new, interesting boy.

....Plus, Namjoon is pretty cute.

__________________________________________________

A/N: Tysm for reading chapter 3 everyone :3 I'll have chapter 4 posted, so stay tuned. Hope you're enjoying so far, A.R.M.Y!! <3