Chapter 5: Matchmakers (Part 1)

The photoshoot with Seokjin had lasted for two more days after him and Namjoon had gotten drinks together on their second day. The two had really warmed up to each other after only a few days, smiling and chatting together any time they could. They even texted when they weren't around each other. Despite only meeting 4 days ago, the two seemed like they were childhood friends. Every single one of the workers around them could see it.

Since the photoshoot ended, neither of them saw each other at work for the next few days. The texting continued every night, but they hadn't really been together at all. Though, each of them still had a good time at work. Namjoon had gotten praise for his skills by Seokjin's manager, Mr.Hyun, and also praise from Mr.Kihyuk. He was trusted with other important business, making him extremely proud of himself. Seokjin also became a lot happier at work. He was smiling more genuine smiles in the directions of people he worked with, getting more sleep, and his fashion sense had gotten so simply satisfying. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and acting more...well, himself.

One Friday, Namjoon was just getting out of a shower after a day at work. He threw on some loose clothing and laid down on his bed, headphones plugged in and music playing as he scrolled through his Instagram. He hummed and opened his phone camera, snapping a quick and cute selfie of himself. He posted it with the caption, "I get to leave work early tomorrow, TGIF! Thanks for the support, mini monsters <3". He posted it and watched as the likes and comments rolled in. He looked through some of the comments, smiling at his kind fans. Or "mini monsters". As he was scrolling, he noticed one specific comment.

"TGIF! I have no work tomorrow at all :3". The username? Kim_Seokjin.

Namjoon snorted. What an original username. He clicked off of Instagram and opened his messenger, quickly messaging Seokjin.

"No work tomorrow, huh?" He texted, not even having to wait 10 seconds to see the little bubble to show up, showing Seokjin typing.

"Not at all! And you get off early, why don't we do something?"

"Ofc, what do you want to do?"

"Well, a friend of mine actually has the chance to hang out too. Why don't we go out and grab something to eat?"

"Sounds good. Who's your friend?

"Min Yoongi, the basketball player!"

Namjoon nearly chocked on his spit. Min Yoongi?!

"OMG MIN YOONGI?! My friend Jimin is like, his biggest fan!"

"Really? You should invite him too!"

"I have a way better idea"

The two had started scheming out their plan to get their friends together. It was if they were playing some sort of match maker game between their best friends. It was sinister, hilarious, and perfect to both of them. The conversation went on until just past 11 o'clock at night, when Namjoon decided that he had to go to sleep. They each said good night to each other, going to sleep and anticipating the next day.

Namjoon got off of work at 2 in the afternoon. It was now 5 in the evening, and he was waitng for a knock on his door while reading a book. A few minutes later, a rhythmic knock came from the door. Namjoon quickly bookmarked his page and got up, stuffing his phone and keys in his pocket before opening the door to, of course, Kim Seokjin himself. Beside him was the famous basketball player, Min Yoongi himself.

"Seokjin hyung." He said as he smiled and greeted the boy. Seokjin smiled back, but not before playfully rolling his eyes.

"Namjoon, I've already told you that you can call me Jin. Anyways, Namjoon, meet one of my best friends in the world. Yoongi, meet my newest photographer friend, Namjoon!"

Namjoon politely held his hand out for Yoongi to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine. I'm glad to see Jin found at least one other friend." Yoongi replied and shook Namjoon's hand, both of them letting of a small chuckle.