Chapter 7: Rules were meant to be broken

DISCLAIMER: There's a lot more swearing in this chapter ^^;;;

____________________________________________________________________________

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven.

Seven days. One whole week.

Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Thirteen. Fourteen.

Now fourteen days. Two. Whole. Weeks.

Namjoon was never a man who was focused on the time going by. He enjoyed living in the moment, not keeping track of the time going by. But, ever since he last saw Seokjin, the passing days made him grow more and more lonely and sad. He hadn't heard from Seokjin in over two weeks. No text, no phone calls, nothing. Namjoon would text him, staring at his phone hopefully. But...still nothing.

It was a Saturday, and Namjoon had the day off of work. He sat on his bed, scrolling through his Instagram. 2 in the afternoon, and he was already bored out of his mind. Jimin was working, and Namjoon didn't feel like going to the restaurant. He desperately wanted to call Seokjin, but he knew that he would get no answer. He tried to call his other friends, but most of them were busy. His friend, Jung Hoseok, had rehearsals for dance. Of course he couldn't skip...he's the choreographer. His youngest friend who he nicknamed kookie, was in university. Not to mention his roommate, Kim Taehyung, who he introduced to Namjoon over a skype call. So...who else was there?

As Namjoon was thinking about who to hang out with, his phone started to ring. Sadly, it wasn't any of his friends...or Seokjin. It was an unknown number, making Namjoon pretty skeptical about answering.

'Probably some answering machine...' He thought to himself, and swiped the green icon to answer the call.

"Hello?"

A monotone voice replied to the confused boy. "Namjoon. It's me, Yoongi."

"Yoongi-hyung?!" Namjoon blurted out, surprised to hear the basketball player's voice. "I don't mean to be rude, but...what are you calling me for? If it's for Jimin, he's working. But I can give you his number."

"I'm calling about you and Seokjin, of course. If I wanted to call Jimin, I would call his cell directly." Yoongi had sighed out. Namjoon stayed silent at the mention of Seokjin.

"He really misses you." Yoongi continued on. "You have to go see him. He's at the park near the company building."

"Why would he want to see me...?" Namjoon drawled out in a more quiet voice.

"Namjoon, listen to me. He really wants to be with you, but...there are some rules. I can't say anything else, so you have to ask him, ok? I'm counting on you to take responsibility and make Seokjin and yourself happy again. With that...bye, for now. Good luck."

Namjoon stood there gaping like a fish after Yoongi hung up the phone. Seokjin...wants to be with him?! He couldn't believe it. Well, if it's coming from the model's best friend, then it MUST be true! He knew that after listening to his hyung, he had to go and see Seokjin.

First, he called a cab. After that, he raced to get his jacket and shoes on. Throwing on a beanie to cover his mop of hair, he grabbed his keys, wallet, and phone before standing on his porch and waiting for the cab to arrive. Which it did, nearly one minute after Namjoon got outside. Running down the steps and into the car, he gave the cab driver the name of his location quickly. Looking out the window the whole drive, Namjoon's brain was flooded with thoughts of Seokjin, and only Seokjin.

When they arrived near the park, Namjoon had already had his money out to pay the driver. Practically jumping out of the car and closing the door, he jogged up to the park and whipped his head back and forth, in search of his one true love. People walked by with their pets, some with their children. Nobody was alone. Namjoon started to speed walk around, his eyes searching every place in the park for that one person besides himself, who was alone.