"She a girl, you know."

♬Seems like everybody's got a price,
I wonder how they sleep at night.
When the tale comes first,
And the truth comes second,
Just stop, for a minute and
Smile. ♬

After Lucas finished his work, he wore his coat & went out. As soon as he stepped out he was welcomed by the cold wind of December. It was the first week of December. He decided that he was walking home. He was living in a share house where everyone had the different routine. He totally had five roommates. The house was at forty minutes' walk from his workplace. He was thinking about what to do about the commute problem. Suddenly, he was hit by another blow of cold wind and he shivered. He was passing by a row of stores. He went to a convince store & bought himself a sandwich. He picked his phone out of pocket & dialed Jonathon's number. He had to call him or he feared that next time they talk about him he would be here. Jonathon was like a brother to him & he knew that he cared for him a lot too. The phone rang a few times before John answered. John obviously knew who called because the first thing he said was,

-"What the fuck was you thinking Lucas?"

Lucas inhaled a large breath before answering him.

-"Hello J. How are you?? I went away for little & you forgot your manners. Not a good thing."

-"Hello, Lucas!! I'm fine. How are you?"

Sarcasm was dripping out of his voice. Lucas knew that if he was in front of him, he would have been strangled by him until now. Lucas exhaled before saying,

-"I know I'm wrong but you also knew that you'd have stopped me at all cost. That's why I didn't tell you. Try to understand where I'm coming from."

It was Jonathon turned to sigh. Lucas imagined Jonathon pushing his hand through his hairs; a gesture signature to him. Jonathon was defeated & worry was visible in his voice.

-"I understand you want to meet them but try to understand if something happened I wouldn't be able to help you. I'm just worried."

-"I know! I'll take care of myself. I'm not even living alone; you could rest."

-"Like I can! You're trying to find a needle in a haystack. If anything happens, you've to tell me."

Lucas nodded when he realized that he can't see him. Lucas said,

-"I'll. Oh yeah! I meet Abigail & others. You have sent quite the company."

-"Oh thank god! I was worried that maybe she ditched you."

-"She's too good to do that.............. But have you told her anything?"

-"Not really! But I think she has a hunch. She a girl, you know."

-"I think so too."

-"Yeah Lucas one more thing, the lawyer came to see me. I think the other will come soon. You're crazy to lie to them."

Jonathon said. Lucas just sighed. He knew it was wrong to just get on a plan without telling anyone when there are many things that should be solved. Lucas heaved again. It was no secret from Jonathon that Lucas was always worried when the lawyer was brought up. He said,

-"And what did he said?"

-"He asked your new address. Your birthday is coming up soon right. Maybe he has something for you. Maybe they have something for you!"

-"I have no idea. I don't know."

-"So should I tell him about you?"

-"Are you an idiot? He knows where I'm as soon as I withdrew money from the bank."

-"Indeed; so he just wanted to check if I was in contact with you or not. Are you sure that he doesn't know who your parents are?? He's been forever with you."

-"He doesn't know. He already told me about his brother but his brother wasn't also my biological father."

-"Couldn't he be lying?"

-"He would never lie to me like I never lied to him."

-"Wait a minute, you said you have an excuse to go there. Are you saying you didn't tell them too?"

Lucas was caught. He felt that if he didn't say goodbye now the conversation could go in very bad direction & he wouldn't want that. He told Jonathon

-"I'm tired now. I'll call again."

-"You've lost your mind. They would have been worried; even if they are not biological parents they raised you, dammit!!"

"Take care of yourself, you crazy person."

Lucas hung up the phone. He stopped for a moment & looked up to the starry sky. The sky was covered with clouds while the moon wasn't in sight. He just sighed. He started walking toward home. As he entered the house, he went to the kitchen & took a bottle of water & made a mental note not to walk that much without water again. His housemates were either sleeping or out. He took a shower then had his dinner.

After dinner, Lucas lay down on his bed with his legs dangling from the bed. His arms were outstretched. He lightly closed his eyes. He accounted the whole day from the girl who slapped him & Dominic, as he thought of him, his left hand moved to his face. He was amazed that Dominic was able to pull it, most people can't; in his life, he met all kind of people. He worked in a bar back in the home, his way of rebellion. He saw a few scenarios where girls had to figure out that their boyfriends were not so straight.

He was able to help Dominic because he once had the same situation in the bar too and the other person just pulled him in a kiss; Lucas didn't kiss back but he did kiss Dominic though. The girl was hell-bent to close the bar afterward. Alas, never succeeded but Lucas decided not to do this kind of thing again. He just sighed when he thought of what he might hear tomorrow morning. He wondered why he helped Dominic & got slapped in his place too. Lucas just didn't understand why he did that.

Lucas just wanted peace. He had enough on his plate. Deep down, he knew that things would get messy with Dominic & all of his new friends. He just didn't want it to be a bad mess. He sighed wishing that his thought wouldn't come true. He just turned & threw everything out of his & went to sleep.

The next morning, nothing really happened; there was whispering as Lucas passed the halls but nobody came to confront him about anything. He did feel a heating gaze pointed toward him but he brushed it off.

He suddenly felt an arm around his shoulder & saw Isaac. They walked away to their respective class. Other were already in their classes. The class before the lunch break, Lucas shared with Noah & Dominic. As he entered the class, Noah noticed him first. He waved at him & gesture him to sit among them. Lucas sighed; by Noah's smile, Lucas knew that Dominic had told Noah everything or something at least. Before Noah could pull Lucas to get anything out of him; Dominic pulled him to the seat beside him & gave him a smile.

Suddenly, Lucas saw a folded paper on his notebook. Before he could have seen what is in there; the teacher called onto him. He put the paper in his pocket & answered the teacher.

After the class, Isaac joined him at the entrance of class. He noticed Noah & Dominic behind him. He looked toward Lucas for an answer so he said,

-"Lunch with these people."

Isaac just shrugged and followed him. Lucas was walking beside Dominic while Noah was walking beside Isaac. Lucas & Dominic was busy talking to each other without a care in the world. Noah noticed that Dominic was way laid back with Lucas like he knew him since forever.

On the other hand, Isaac was watching every move Noah made. He found him very interesting after Lucas & he never finds people interesting.

They all talked about all the random things in lunch & nobody found it weird that Isaac was there too; they actually liked it when he was mimicking Noah. Noah, well he felt embarrassed.

♬It's not about the money, money, money
We don't need your money, money, money
We just wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the Price Tag. ♬