Midnight

The comforting scent of Adam slowly faded away from your nose as the warmth from Adam's arms surrounding you disapeared into the coldness of being alone in your bedroom, making you wake up from your dream.

You rubbed the sleep out of your eyes, and looked at the bleaming red light on the alarm clock on the nightstand on your side of the bed read to be 11:56.

He probably went to the bathroom or something.

You waited in the comfortable sheets in your bed for about 10 minutes, and Adam still wasnt there to continue sleeping.

Usually he never got up at night, because he would hog the bathroom to your room every morning and just before you went to bed with him.

So you regretfully got up, and opened the door to the kitchen.

You find him sitting in a chair slouched over the table, his hands holding up his head as he held a warm cup of coffee to the side of him.

"Honey whats wrong" you whisper to not scare him, or the dog you and Adam owned named Mable.

Adam sniffled, and turned to just take you in his arms and hug you to try to make him feel better, but starts crying in your shoulder instead.

You sit there trying to comfort him for a few minutes, but it didnt work.

"I-its j-just my uncle" he cries in his shoulder.

He died a few days ago.

"Oh Adam he was sick hes in a better place now." You rub his back, and he slouched back in his chair and tries to control his breathing from sobbing so hard.

"Its gonna be okay, its all gonna be easier. He still sees you.." I tried to make him feel better.

"Really?" He looked up with the little brightness in his eyes that were left from the grief that was inside him.

"Yes. He doesnt want you to cry. He wants you to be happy for him" You started to choke back tears as grief slowly overcame you. You knew his uncle too. He and Adam were very close, and he was the first person in Adams family that Adam introduced to you. He was always around, and he was very nice. He always welcomed you into the family, and treated you as a friend. All until he commited suicide.

"Its alright" you whispered as Adam got up with you to bed, as though you made him feel better.

"This is why I love you. You help me through so much." he kisses you on the cheek, and both of you lie back down.

Your eyelids become droopy as he held you in his arms, and you continued to sleep.