Holding Life

"Push!" The doctor yelled out as the horrible lower pain grew stronger and stronger.

"OW" You push anyway, and a large pain rushes through your back and into the back of your throat, and you try to hold the screaming back.

"I see a head!" Adam held your hand so tight you knew he was very exited but concerned about you and the pain your experiencing.

"Shes almost out! Push one last time!" The doctor requested you.

You sighed and pushed as hard as you could, feeling the worst horrible pain you have ever felt before, and Adam squeezes your hand tighter as you screamed, unable to hold it in any longer.

"Oh my god shes BEUTIFUL" Adam looked at a bloody bundle of what was in the doctors hands as high pitched cries filled the room.

You never really understood how badly it would hurt, or what it would look like when it first came out, but there it was. There she was.

The doctor gently cleanses her with a soft towel, and put a diaper on her and wrapped her in a blanket.

"You did it" Adam's shocked eyes turned into releaxed ones as he looked at you, relizing you were okay.

"How did you DO that?"

You laugh at his question, and the doctor came over beside the bed that you layed in with the bundle of joy.

"Do you want to hold her?" The doctor asked as you nodded rapidly.

The doctor slowly put the baby in your arms, and the baby started fussing, but you shushed it, and cradled it until it calmed down.

She was beutiful, even without her eyes open.

All throughout the past two hours of being in labor, she was so worth it.

About fifteen minutes of staring and cradling her in your arms with Adam looking over your shoulder at her, the doctor asked if Adam wanted to hold the baby.

Adam automatically refused the offer with a "no thanks"

But he wasnt going to get away from this. Not on your watch.

"Why not?"

Adam faces you, his eyes with a hint of worry.

"I might drop it.. Or break it.."

"No you wont. I believe in you" You laugh at him, and he finally agrees, and the doctor took the baby out of your arms, making the baby fuss again.

Once the baby was rested in Adams arms the right way, the baby automatically stops fussing.

"Aww" He quietly says as he holds it gently, but securly, scared as if he would drop it.

The doctor left the room, and I sat up.

The baby opened her eyes, and both of you stare at her, suprised.

She was perfect. She had the same shape of your nose, but the same bright, happy, sparkling blue eyes as Adam has.

She smiled at her father, and gripped onto his finger tightly with her tiny hands.

"I think she really likes you" you look at Adam, his lips curling into the best smile, the smile that means that he relizes hes a father. To this perfect little baby.

You smile back, and he looks at you.

"Shes beutiful"

"Shes perfect.. Just like you" He smiled at you.