f i v e .

"Hey Peter

"Hey Peter." Max greets Peter who looked bored out of his mind. Peter nods at the kid who was the afternoon shift of Annalise.

"Yay!" Annalise cheered as soon as she saw Max, "Hey Maxy, you saved me!" Max just rolled his eyes, Annalise then untied her beige apron and linked her arms with Peter.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Annalise cautiously asks, waiting for his answer. Peter's eyes widened, Finally, something fun. Working at Matthew's was cool, but it was boring sometimes.

"Sure." Peter says as he untied his apron and hang it, "Let's go?" Peter asks to the beaming Annalise.

•••

"So, my sister found a drive-in movie yesterday." Annalise says, Peter threw his head back and laughed, "No way, I haven't seen of those since..way before." Annalise chuckles, "Well, its deserted but the projector works well."

Peter nods, "Sure." Soon, they drove to a gravel road and a few trees scattered. Once Annalise turns the steering wheel to the right they arrived at their destination.

There were only a few cars parked and a ticket booth at the end, "I'll go pay." Annalise says, gesturing to the booth. Peter nods and swapped their seats so Peter was in the driver's seat and find a spot that had the perfect view of the movie.

As soon as the parking lot filled with only a few cars -8 to 9. Annalise then opens the passenger seat and slipped in, then turned to Peter while waving the tickets and the bag of popcorn. "I got them." Annalise cheerfully chirps, making herself comfortable in the car.

As soon as the movie started, Peter noticed people getting out of the car and sat at the hood of their car but there was one thing that made him noticed more, they were cuddling.

Annalise was just his best friend- heck, just an employee of his. Soon, Annalise slowly moves to her left specifically, closer to Peter.

Peter visibly gulps, craning his head to the left to let out a satisfied crack. But Annalise had different intentions, she thought this was a chance she could lean to Peter's shoulder. So she did.

Annalise's head was on his shoulder, and it was uncomfortable, well for Peter. Annalise sure seemed to be having fun. Peter's intentions to Annalise was only just a friend, just a friend.

•••

Throughout the movie, Peter didn't quite enjoyed the 'accidental' grabbing of hands and Annalise leaning too close. And then finally, the movie finished. Peter has never felt relieved than before.

They threw their popcorn and headed back to the café, while they were only a few blocks away from the café, Annalise pulled her car into the side and faced Peter, "Well, I had fun, you?" She asks, grinning, completely oblivious of Peter's uncomfort. "Yeah." Lie.

"So..." Annalise toys the end of her hair and slowly leans in, Holy crap she's going to kiss me. Peter thoughts, panicky. But Peter looked at the watch and avoided her gaze, "Look, it's almost the end of Max's shift."

"And?" Annalise whispers seductively, waiting for Peter to give in. But Peter just avoided her eyes, but just awkwardly looked forward. When Annalise realises this, a mask of disappointment and in the verge of tears was plastered in her whole face.

"O-okay." Annalise croaks out, trying to block the sob coming through her throat. Peter masks his emotions with a blank face,

Until, Annalise then burst out shrieking and crying,

Peter froze and looked at her, her gaze connects with him and she yelled, "Are you that stupid?"  Her tears continuously running down her face.

She then lowers her head in shame, and mumbles, "I like you, more than a boss and more than a friend." And to that Peter's eyes widened. Speechless, he rubs the nape of his neck "Uh, I, I'm sorry Lise."

Annalise sobbed louder and faced Peter with a vicious glare, "You know what? Get out of my car." She snaps, "Hey, Lise we can talk abou-" Peter protests but Annalise cuts him off, "We don't have anything to talk about Peter, just get out." She mutters angrily, rubbing her arms.

Peter gulps but does what he has to.

He gets out of the car and walks to the café while Annalise sat in her car, screaming and tugging at her hair.

Peter was guilty. How had he not seen her feelings for him? All he had thought was Annalise was his best friend and an employee.

He rubs his face and groans, Women are just so hard to understand. Peter thoughts as he leans his head to the wall.

Well, Peter just broke a heart, what more?

•••
hey yall, im so sorry for not updating the last (2) week/s, i suck at writing lemme tell you that, and i was just being the lazy ass i am and update this story after weeks,BUT, my school starts next week so this time I'LL BE SO DETERMINED TO FINISH THIS BOOK.

thanks for reading💕

ps. 2nd to the last statement was probably a lie.