e i g h t .

dedicated to the sex assassin who keeps telling me to update this shitty book, jude ur weird.

p e t e r

Peter blinks twice before sitting up and stretch out his arms, hearing satisfied cracks. He scratches the nape of his neck as he waits for his consciousness to slowly slip back into him. (sorry im weird)

Just as he looks at the time that states 10:30 AM- he froze, he was late for work but then he remembered Annalise.

He groans as he rubs his face in annoyance and gets out of bed and organize the comforters. As soon as he finishes, he walks to his kitchen and opens his fridge but only to see a carton of milk and a slice of red velvet cake from the café.

Then he remembered he needs to go grocery shopping. Groaning, he walks to his bathroom to shower.

Slipping on a loose white shirt, grey sweats and his ugly thin-rimmed glasses. He unlocked his door and stepped out, inhaling the silent serene of the neighborhood.

After locking his door, he walked towards the grocery quietly. Then suddenly his mind fogged up thoughts about something, someone.

And that was Vaughn.

How did he even end up at my doorstep?

A million of thoughts about him made Peter's head split in half. He shrugged it off once he sees the faint sign of the grocery.

Peter enters and the cold air nips his skin, shivering as he grabbed the cart and rolled it off to the condiment shelf.

•••

Peter's toes felt like they were on fire. The cart was filled with 40% house cleaning materials and 60% food. He walked to the cashier lane but only to be bumped by someone.

He stumbled a little to his side and his calf was burning in pain. He shook the pain off and stared at the stranger to bark out colorful words but only to see the guy who has been on his mind the whole time.

Vaughn.

He reeked of alcohol and the first few buttons on his tux were opened and the formal tie was scattered in his torso. Vaughn looked up to see Peter's curious stare and quickly snapped out of his state as soon as he saw him.

"Oh hey." Vaughn choked out, while Peter purses his lips, thinking of a reply. Then behind Vaughn were noises that grew to murmurs to screams as Vaughn turns around, his eyes widened.

He turns back to Peter who was clueless and lost, holding his bony shoulders he said, "Okay, I gotta go now, bye, see you soon, can I get your num-"

Vaughn was interrupted by the rough pushes of paparazzi behind him, while Peter's eyes widened.

"Is he the man you're apparently gay with?!"

Gay

Gay

Gay

Vaughn was gay.

Weirdly, something jolted the insides of Peter after thinking that Vaughn was gay.