i. september first

CHAPTER ISEPTEMBER FIRST !

CHAPTER I
SEPTEMBER FIRST !

Imogen Anson did not attend public school, for her parents feared she would be bullied. Imogen was home-schooled, where no one could harm her. Every afternoon, when her studies were over, she would sit on her front porch with her cat watching as other Greasers came home from their first day of school. She could see some laughing, some walking in silence and then the occasional couple who knew nothing of personal space and Imogen smiled. She wanted nothing more than to join them. In the little black journal her mother had gotten her she keeps descriptions of the people she sees.

There was a boy who lived across from her that interested Imogen the most, the lined pages of her black journal were filled with sketches and descriptions of the boy.

She saw him approaching with his friends and she quickly sat up straighter, a large smile widening across her face. He seemed to be laughing with the three other people, Imogen had seen plenty of times before. They waved goodbye and continued walking but the other boy stood back at the house across from hers. Imogen smoothed out her skirt and stood up. He looked around like he always did before making his way to the house. He stops and looks around once more, his eyes meeting with Imogen's. He smiled at her and she waved, which caused him to wave back.

September 1, 1965
He smiled. I waved. He waved.

Look at me publishing a new story when I haven't updated in ages