Getting in trouble

On Monday morning I woke up with a minor headache. I grumbled and dragged myself out of bed. I shouldn't have drunken anything the other night. I rubbed my temple then got changed. I applied some makeup for once and brushed my hair quickly. I wanted to look super good today.

-----

After getting to school I met up with Kate and Amy.

" What happened to you last night?" Kate asked.

" Nothing. I just danced with Eric and that was it." I said simply. I rubbed my head again. Geez, this headache was such a pain.

" Come on," Amy persisted. " You must have done something more than that. Did you kiss?"

They both noticed my change in demeanor. And gasped, their eyes wide. " Are you kidding me?!" Kate cried, grabbing my arm. " What was it like?"

" Shhh," I said. " We are at school, you know and I have a headache."

They both instantly went quiet, waiting for my response. I knew they weren't going to let it go.

I sighed wistfully. " It was amazing."

Amy and Kate squealed and hugged me. " Was it romantic?" Kate asked as I started walking to my locker.

I grinned despite my headache. I couldn't stay Tim and tired around them for long. Their energy started to rub off on me. " It was in the bathroom," I said. " REAL romantic." I said sarcastically.

They laughed with me as I walked to my locker. " Do ya think you will hook up?" Amy asked, leaning against the wall when I stopped to get my books.

I shrugged. " Probably not. Even though he's pretty laid back I think that he's scared we would get caught.."

Kate laughed. " Nah, Eric wouldn't care about that once he gets to know you better."

We all got our books. Amy suddenly shot up.

" We could find out of he likes you!" she said enthusiastically.

I laughed. " And how are you planning to do that?"

Amy shrugged then. " We could just spy, I suppose."

" We're seventeen, not five!" Kate grimaced. " I'm not spying on my teacher in public."

" I will." Amy said, sticking out her tongue at Kate. Kate simply rolled her eyes. " Fine." she said.

I giggled at them acting like kids, then started walking to our class. On Monday we had English as our first class so we headed to our English class.

We both walked inside to see Samantha on one of the front desks, giggling at something Eric had said. She turned around as soon as she saw us walk into the classroom and she jumped off casually, showing a little more leg that needed. I clenched my fists behind my back.

" Hello Samantha," I said behind gritted teeth.

" What?" she asked innocently when she saw my face expression. I ignored her and took a seat. Eric was in a black hoodie and jeans. I looked up at him shyly behind my hair. He saw me looking and smiled back before quickly looking away again like he was ashamed. I felt stupid. Why was I flirting with my teacher? I sighed and looked down at my hands. Once everyone had walked in, Eric started the lesson.

He started talking about a book that we had meant to read over the weekend but I had forgotten to. I had no idea what he was talking about for the story but since I hadn't read it I just took out my cell phone and texted under the table.

About twenty minutes later, I hear someone clear their throat beside me. I jumped and looked up to see it was Eric. " Par-Pardon?" I stammered.

" Your essay on the story?" he asked, holding out his hand to get the paper. I started up at him, trying to get the courage to tell him I hadn't done it. My eyes connected with his pale icy blue eyes and and I stared longingly at them. I looked down at my lap and saw my cellphone in my hand.