Phone call

It was the day before the 'night' that me and Bradley and me would start this whole thing. I admit, yes I was freaking out but nothing new was there. I thought back to when I first met Eric - I was confident and sure of myself, but now I was trying to avoid Eric, even if it meant skipping class.

"Georgia?"

I blinked at Kate who was staring at me. "Stop spacing."

"Sorry."

Kate shrugged. "It's fine. Anyway, do you have an outfit for tomorrow?"

I shook my head. "I'll just wear jeans or something."

"No way." Kate said firmly. "If you want Eric to change his mind about you then you'll have to dress sexy."

"I'm pregnant, Kate." I reminded her, pinching my stomach.

"Excuses, excuses." Kate groaned. "I'm going out for a while."

"Huh?"

Kate sighed. "Just leave it to me - I'll be back later."

"Kate, you are NOT buying me prostitute clothes."

"You are so melodramatic." Kate rolled her eyes. "Trust me."

"I don't." I said simply.

Kate ignored me and walked out, grabbing her wallet on the way. "Kate!" I pleaded. "I'll find something!"

She dismissed me with a flick of her hands on the way out.

"Idiot." I mumbled under my breath.

Standing up, I went over to the window and saw her speed out of the driveway in her car.

I banged on the window in frustration - I didn't trust her to buy me clothes.

"Are you okay?" Karen asked, walking into the room.

I nodded. "Kate's just being... Kate."

Karen laughed. "And knowing Kate..."

I laughed a lot with her. "Always likes getting her own way."

"I've booked you an appointment for a checkup so we can see if everything is going smoothly - just for the ultrasound and everything. You are about a month through?"

I shrugged. "I guess so."

She nodded. "Okay, in about two months time you'll go for a checkup, just the ultrasound and everything. That okay with you?"

I nodded. "Sure"

She looked uncomfortable for a moment, then spoke up. "Does your mother know you're staying here?"

Thinking of my mum made me miss her even more - the way she always made me smile and how we always did the housework together. Just us both by ourselves.

"No." I said wistfully. "She hasn't called me once."

"Oh, honey." Karen said wrapping her arms around me, her flowery scent mixing with the smell of her fresh baking. "You can stay here as long as you want, you know that."

I tried hard not to cry and swallowed the growing lump in my throat. "Thank you." I managed. "You're so nice to me."

She laughed - she did that a lot, she was an entirely smiley person. "Why don't you call her? She may have chucked you out but she's still your mother and she loves you very much."

"But you don't know what she said to me," I muttered. "She called me so many mean names and, and she hates me!"

"Shhh," Karen hushed me. "She loves you."

I pulled away from her, managing a smile. "I might try your advice. After all, she can only hang up on me."

"Do that." Karen urged me. "She'll be waiting for your call. I'll go."

She backed out of the room and I got out my cellphone, taking. Deep breath and dialing my house number.

It rang once. Twice. Three times.

"Hello?" I heard my mother's quick to the mark voice on the other end.

"Um, mum? It's uh- me." I mumbled into the phone.

"Georgia?" I heard my mum speak. "Where are you?"

"Uh, at Kate's."

"Oh." she said. "What about the dad?"

"Um, nothing about the dad."

"Did that son of a-"

"No!" I cried. "He, he just was shocked."

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Georgia," my mum started. "You know I love you but... I just don't want you to come home okay? Not until you've had the baby - because I'm not sure If I could handle seeing my baby with a big belly."

I was confused. "Okay?"

"I'll start calling you to keep up to date though. As long as you're okay."

"I'm fine."

"Okay then. Bye honey."

She hung up and I stared at my cellphone confused. That was the most bizzare conversation I had ever had with my mum.

I sighed and closed my phone. It could have gone worse, I told myself as I picked up a pregnancy book and started reading it.

A/N: Okay lol I know this chapter is a little boring but cool news - There will be a book trailer soon!! I can't wait to get it so there is some cool news, huh? And I nearly have 1000 reads - I'm so excited!! Thank you everyone for voting and commenting, you guys are awesome!! I want to do something cool for when I hit 1000 reads, any ideas?