The Picture

"Harry Styles seen with mystery girl visiting James Corden for dinner"

I read and reread the headline Harry's team had brought to our attention. The article itself made me cringe at the the absolutely untrue speculation behind what I was doing with Harry. They even suggested I was the reason the band was taking a break, that I'd "Yoko Onoed" One Direction. I was too shocked to get angry, and Harry seemed to be deep in thought about something, so I just stared at the picture some sneaky pap had gotten of us at James' house together.

"I'm sorry Harry, I shouldn't have come with you," I started to apologize, but he cut me off.

"It's not your fault, Ellie." He said without much enthusiasm. "They shouldn't have been able to get a picture of us at James' house like that. Must have been his neighbor or something."

"Why would they do that?" I asked in disbelief.

"The paps will do anything for a picture of me and a girl. Usually they don't get out, this one must have slipped past someone." He stood up and started to leave the room. "I have to make a few phone calls."

I sat in shock as I tried to mentally process all of this. I tried to imagine how Harry deals with this kind of thing all the time. 'We'll just stay inside and never go out again' I thought. That's fine; Harry and I can have just as much fun at home as we could if we'd gone out, probably more fun. I snickered at that thought, but was interrupted by Harry.

"Our flight leaves soon, are you ready to go?" He asked, and I nodded yes. I had packed my entire life into two suitcases, which looked immensely out of style compared to Harry's. We flew to London without discussing the picture any more, though Harry seemed a little more quiet, and not nearly as 'hands on' as I was used to.

I ended up sleeping most of the way, and when we arrived I was super excited to see London, and Harry's house. Considering I would be living here now, I tried to picture what it would be like. I assumed it would be a nice house, since everything Harry owned was pretty nice, but I could not picture his furniture, or what kind of color schemes he might have used in this kitchen or bathrooms. He probably had an interior decorator, but there would most likely be a bit of Harry's flair in every room.

"Welcome home," Harry said tiredly to me when we finally arrived at his house. "Though, don't get too comfortable here."

I stopped mid-stride and looked up at him in his entryway. "Why not?" We had not really discussed my living arrangements, though I had assumed I would be living with him since I couldn't afford a place of my own.

"We're going to France in a couple of days, then a couple other places," he casually mentioned, as if this were normal. Well, it probably is normal for him.

"France!?!" I was ecstatic and dropped my bags at the foot of the staircase and looked up at Harry, who stopped halfway up the stairs to glance back at me.

"Yeah, I've got a, uh, thing," he answered and continued up the stairs. I followed him quickly and tried to take in his house, the decor, the layout (in case I got lost, it was quite big) and caught up to him at the top of the stairs. "This is your room, if you want."

'My room, right...we aren't quite at that stage yet, I guess' I thought and dragged my suitcases toward the guest room. It was huuuuge! There was a big, comfy looking bed in the middle, a walk in closet, a beautiful dresser and mirror. "Harry, this is amazing!" I hugged him and turned on the light to see the whole room. "And I have my own bathroom!"

"Yeah, I like my guests to have all the modern amenities," he replied dryly and a hint of a smile appeared at the corner of his lips.

"It's like staying in a fancy hotel," I beamed and fell back onto the bed to try it out. "This bed is so comfortable."