The Next Day

That damned alarm clock had ruined my beautiful sleep. God, why this had to happen again? Why school?

But oh, I was so dumb! I could meet Sam today. But about the love letter, she shouldn't find out that I liked her. Too late! She had read it. She thought now that I sent the letter to her.

But we never met before. And why did she smile at the first place when she received the letter, when she should've disgusted?

I thought about it while I walked in the bathroom, taking a shower, and wore my usual rockwear.

I had never been this fresh in my entire life. I brought my guitar downstairs and joined the others for breakfast.

Lincoln was texting someone with his phone. It looked like he texted Ronnie Anne, but when I saw the name...

"Dude, you texted Paige?" I said.

"Yeah, why?" Lincoln asked.

"Nothing." I said simply.

I didn't notice about his new "crush". I then thought about Sam. What would I talk to her? Will she become my new friend?

I walked inside the van along with the other 10 sisters. They were discussing about their own crushes.

"I definitely visit the mall to see Chaz after school." Leni said.

"I know Skippy would like me to fix his scooter." Lana said.

"Oh please, Winston and I are gonna do a tea party." Lola said.

"Me and Fransisco will fight each other on the upcoming baseball match." Lynn said. "How about you, Lincoln?"

"I uh, I ... will hang out with Paige at the arcade. We've promised." Lincoln said.

"But Linc, how 'bout Ronnie Anne?" Lucy asked.

"Uh, guys, please don't meddle again. You know the last time you did it." Lincoln said.

That invited an argument among the sisters. "Why do you have to move on?" Lynn said. "This is unfair Lincoln, how dare you dumped Ronnie Anne." Lori said while driving.

I just stared out of window, thinking of Sam. Begging for her phone number. I chuckled.

Soon after, we arrived at school. We dropped off, I went to my usual high school class. I put my guitar in my usual locker.

"See ya later, babe." I said to the guitar.

I walked into my dull classroom and my dull chair. I didn't see Sam in my class. What time I've been waiting for is 12 o' clock, where us musicians gathered for a musical practice every Tuesday and Thursday. And luckily, today was Thursday.

I couldn't study right because of her. The strange affection I had.

Until the time had come. 12 am.

I walked into the best class in school - music room. With my guitar clutched, I sat beside my best friend, Tara. Her specialty was on drums, so we were good hands and feet working together.

I didn't see Sam at first, so I kept an eye on her. Then Tara asked to me, "Hey, who are you looking for?"

"Uh, nothing bro. It's not important. Just..."

"Your boyfriend. Oh I get it."

"No, no, she... I mean he's not my boyfriend. I..."

"It's fine, Lunes. I also have a boyfriend. But he is a total jerk - we always do the things he liked. And you can't believe how hard it is to avoid him. He just loved me selfishly."

"Oh, I'm sorry bout that."

"It's fine. Hope your boyfriend isn't horrible like mine."

"I... don't have any. I'm just not ready."

"It's ok. Sooner or later you'll have it."

I still didn't see Sam. But the whole thing changed when she came in with her usual rock partners.

I  was stuttered at that time. "Do you know who she is?" I asked.

"Oh yes. That's Sam. I barely know her, though. She usually hangs out with her rock mates. Like, she never talks to us. I think they are her besties." Tara said.

"Dude, no one ever talk to her, besides her own bandmates?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's the thing." Tara said.

Moments after, Mrs. Turner came into the room. She was our music teacher at that time. "Good morning, children. So, today, there will be a group project. And every group will consist of 2 students. This week's task will be about creating a song and the lyrics together. I want the song to be done at Monday."

"Whoa, this going to be wicked. I love this project so much." I said to Tara. "Who will you work with?"

"Duh, isn't it obvious? It's definitely Jack Martin. No one else. He's the most handsome boy in the class. So many girls wanted to work with him." Tara said.

"Including Sam?" I asked.

"Nah, what do I know about her? What do I know is most of the girls' dream to be with Jack." Tara said. "How about you? Who will you work with? Also Jack? Really creative."

I sometimes slightly didn't like her for her sarcasm. "Well, it's okay. It's up to Mrs. Turner. I'm fine if I were assigned with a boy or a girl."

"Laaame." Tara said. Today, she wasn't in her best mood.

I wished to be Sam as my partner. I really wished. God, please let this happen. I prayed. I didn't know what would be her reaction when she was assigned with me.

Mrs. Turner finally announced the assignment. "Okay, so here's who you will work with. Luna Loud..." I was surprised when she called out my name.

Mrs. Turner continued her sentence. "you will work with... huh. She only has one name. No first or last name..." She mumbled. "Okay. Sam."

I knew it. I expected it a lot.

I got to work with Sam.

"Huh, how unlucky. You won't get to work with Jack." Tara said.

"Nah, it's fine." I said, acting casually.

Then, the blonde-haired girl came to me.

"Hey. Nice to meet ya. We're gonna have so much fun working. I love creating songs, especially with my guitar." She said.

I was nervous. "Yeah, me too... I love my guitar so much."

"We never met before, huh?" She said. "My name's Sam, by the way."

"I'm... Luna... Luna Loud." I answered. We shook hands.

Then, I knew I had to be bold enough to talk to her. I knew I had to get closer. "So, where should we work? I think We should work at my house."

"Wow, that's a great idea! I'm in." Sam said.

I couldn't believe it. She appreciated my idea. We could be best friends, I thought.

Or maybe even more than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys!!! Yes... finally finish this chapter!! I will work the rest of this and the Loud Universe as soon as possible... just stay tuned! Ciao!