Waking up in the grill

Maybell's pov
Last night was the best I finally finished the vampire diaries. Oh how I wish I could live there. I was sleeping on the cold ground again since my mom found me watching tv. She was a drunk and always hurt me but the vampire diaries was my escape and everything I wished for. I think I'm 16 but my mother never actually remembered my birthday so I was just growing I guess. I don't have friends and I'm not allowed to go to school so I don't really know much but I do teach myself things I think they learn at school like math and English. My only wish was to move to mystic falls and live. I would get my bruises and broken bones healed by vampires so I wouldn't hurt and I could be able to walk without living in starvation. Oh and I would try a hamburger and food that wasn't bread.

I felt something poke me and it was gentle unlike my mother I rolled over to the direction the poke came from covering my bruised face. I was amazed when I saw him. "Alaric" I gasped "how do I know you love?" He asked and I giggled it was Niklaus in Alaric's body "I love this dream. I can't believe I can finally meet Mr Mikaelson" I said and he looked confused "do I know you?" He asked "I'm Maybell. How could you not this is one of my coma dreams again isn't it?" I asked "love you are awake and in mystic falls grill. We are the only ones here so you can tell me who you are or I can rip your head off" he said getting angry and I started to have a panic attack.

I felt myself falling and was suddenly safe and warm. I looked around and saw I was on a couch in Alaric's apartment while Niklaus held me "sh sh sh" he hushed me and moved my hood before I could stop him. I had pale lips, a sickly white face, sagging skin, bruised beyond belief and he lightly touched me "sorry" I said in a faint whisper "why would you be sorry who did this to you?" he questioned getting angry. My tiny hand moved to touch his face and I became confused "why do you care? you are Niklaus Mikaelson" I said and he was confused "I don't know I want to keep you safe something inside me wants you to be okay" he said and kissed my hand. I felt darkness take over and I was suddenly asleep again.

I opened my eyes and I was in a huge living room "Damon" I said through a sore throat as I saw his eyes on me scaring me. "Hello my drinking buddy Rick found you and I took you from his apartment. He said not to kill you" Damon said and sat down, drink in his hand "can I try?" I asked looking at the bourbon I have heard so much about he looked at me "you need to eat you look like et are you sick or something?" His tone made me upset "I'm going to let you die from the bite" I said and hit his glass it fell to the floor with a crash Klaus wanted me safe I wasn't in danger.

Damon got angry just as Stefan walked in with a tray that looked amazing. I was only in my dirty ripped hoody and got self conscious "here is a blanket" he said and I quickly covered myself in a silk sheet that felt amazing "here is your breakfast" he said and handed me the tray. I felt tears come from my eyes as I looked at the food "what is it?" I asked taking a sip of the purple liquid in a glass and had different things on it.

"You've never eaten that before?" He said and I shook my head "what do you like to eat?" Damon asked "I'm only allowed 1 bread piece a week" I said "you mean one slice of bread?" Stefan asked "you can eat the whole slice I was only allowed a quart...

"You've never eaten that before?" He said and I shook my head "what do you like to eat?" Damon asked "I'm only allowed 1 bread piece a week" I said "you mean one slice of bread?" Stefan asked "you can eat the whole slice I was only allowed a quarter of it" I said and then started to eat the different things on my plate. I ate till I was full so the eggs and waffles as Stefan called them where completely gone. "Thank you" I said and he took the tray. "You're welcome sweetie" he said and I smiled. I heard the door open and saw girls walk in.

It was Caroline and Bonnie I felt arms around me and slightly panicked until I heard the voice "sh sh sh you are safe" I looked at Niklaus as he was still in Alaric's body and knew no one else could find out. I relaxed and rested my head on him then looked around at the girls. I put my hood up again so they couldn't see me and hid my hands. Niklaus gentle rubbed my back "what did you do while I was gone?" He asked me "Stefan made me Breakfast and it had Waffles and eggs and I ate them but not the whole thing and I had a purple juice and Damon wouldn't let me try his bourbon so I knocked it out of his hand because I knew I was safe with you" I said and he smiled I felt like a helpless monkey clinging to him and the girls sat down "who is she?" I heard an annoyed Caroline as Damon and Stefan helped Niklaus slowly move me they sat on the couch to make room and I laid across them covered in my blanket from Stefan's room.

When I was comfortable Stefan started to slowly massage my feel under the blanket. "She's the beautiful Maybell. Apparently she knows things but she's not a witch" Stefan said trying to make me feel better about my appearance "oh really I'm one of the most powerful witches so I bet I can find out a lot more." Bonnie snapped and I felt upset "girls seriously what the hell is wrong with you?" Damon asked. He had seen me and knew I was weak emotionally and physically just as he was after all the years of his fathers abuse. I grabbed his right wrist and rubbed the scare his father gave him "your mother took it" I said and he looked at me with amazement nodding.

After Damon, Stefan and Nikky (klaus) who is still in Alaric's body found out I can tell them the future and I told about tvd they were really understanding. The girls left after we came up with a plan for Klaus a week from now because the guys were focusing on me and not them.