Chapter 12: Trouble with Tribbles part 2

Okay I'm gonna finish this story now. I don't think it's my best work and I'd rather work on something better. Sorry <3

Chapter 12: Trouble with Tribbles part 2

A whole week. That's how long I'd been forced to swim through those goddamn Tribbles and it was making me want to die. I had to cut my (then arse-length) hair to my shoulders because Tribbles kept climbing through it. Jim, Pavel, Uhura, Spock and I had been trying to brainstorm ways to get rid of them without killing them (which we voted against, because it was inhumane) but it proved harder than it looked.

We gathered in the briefing room, which had been slightly sifted of Tribbles to the point where there were only around 20 left. I stood up, having called the meeting. "I have a plan, but it requires being attacked." I went on to explain my plan, which was to slightly intrude upon Klingon space, getting them to attack, then beaming all of those accursed Tribbles onto their stupid, smelly ships. Everyone knows Klingons hate Tribbles and vice versa. My idea was to slightly invade Klingon space and be attacked by a Klingon warbird. They would find themselves suddenly overrun with friggin' Tribbles because the crew of the Enterprise (and my children) couldn't stand then any longer.

Klingon space is so barren. Ah well, Klingons are smelly anyway. We barely had to intrude Klingon space (like, half a metre of ship) for three Klingon ships to come over and threaten to shoot us. I joined the rest of the crew in a rather large Tribble-free area. I watched in glee as the little bastards were beamed to the three Klingon vessels. We hailed them and watched in glee as they were all 'scared' by the Tribbles. Marvellous. That made my day.

-----

Three years later on Earth.

I stepped off the shuttle and back onto the green grasses of Earth for the first time in five years. Anya was old enough to go to school and Carden was going to be sent to crèche. I couldn't be happier to be home and Pavel sprung something big on me. We stepped into our apartment to find it empty. "Pavel? What happened?" Pavel smiled and took me into a car. He didn't speak and I was scared he was gonna murder me and our kids, who were nestled in the backseat when he stopped outside of a house. I was confused until he grabbed me and the kids and took us inside. Our furniture was there.

"This is our new house." I kissed him in joy. I'd always wanted to live in a house like that. 2 storeys, 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom and soundproofing on the walls. Best house ever.

Another 3 years later

"The crew of the Enterprise is to go on a 10 year mission into deep space. This means almost no human contact. Families are allowed. Good day." The transmission ended and Pavel and I shared a look. Ten years in space? Not gonna be easy.