Stepping out of my comfart zone

Newcastle

"Oh my god." Glen chokes into the phone. "Is it actually possible to die of second hand embarrassment?"

"That's not the worst part." I groan. "After dinner my dad asked if Harry wanted to do a pagan bonding ceremony with me-"

"You're kidding..."

"Harry politely declined and we left not long after." I mutter.

"What did he say about the whole thing?"

"I don't know. I think he was kinda shocked." I sigh. "He seemed to find it pretty funny I suppose. But he was more just... Shocked."

"Well duh! God, I kind of wish I'd been there to see it." I hear the click of his vape and he sighs.

"Well, I did invite you to the show." I point out. I'm not sure if having Glen here would be better or worse for me.

"Yeah, but I've got to go to my Grandmas haven't I? I tried to get out of it but she said if I wasn't there by 12o'clock today she'd cut off my allowance and write me out of her will. Honestly she's soooo dramatic. I'm glad I don't take after her."

I decide to let that one pass.

"Anyway, Belle Marie is back on the tour today isn't she?"

"How did you know?"

"'Victoria's secret bitch' has been trending on twitter all morning." He says smugly.

"Well I haven't seen her yet." I mutter. "I've just finished my meeting with Lydia, Brian is waiting in my hotel room and I'm just going to focus on enjoying a day with him. Belle can sod off."

"You did tell him not to wear one of the priest robes didn't you?" Glen checks sharply.

"I went one better; I gave him some money yesterday to go into town and get some clothes he actually likes to wear for the show tonight."

"Good thinking." Glen laughs. We spend a while rehashing the excruciating dinner with my parents and several slightly more enjoyable minutes talking about what a bitch Belle is before I reluctantly end the call.

I grab my huge bag and diary and push my way out of the side stadium doors, sparking up a cigarette as I go. There's a group of girls behind the gates and they start shouting over to me, asking me where Harry is and if they can get a picture with me. It still feels weird that they know my name. There's no way I'm going to pose for pictures, so I shoot them a lame little wave before climbing in the back of the waiting car. The driver kicks up a fuss about my ciggie and feeling like a fool in front of the watching crowd, I step back out of the car to stub it out before climbing back in. I don't know how Harry can live being watched like that constantly.

I can't believe how bad yesterday actually was.

Harry laughed it off on the way home, but I haven't seen him since, apart from a text this morning asking me if I'd packed him any clean socks as he couldn't find them.

I'm still stressing over this when I get back to my hotel. Ty and Niall are heading out and they invite me to dinner but I decline and make my way to the lift, I've got someone more important to see.

At least I've got my time with Brian. That's worth one shitty dinner with my parents.

He's in the bathroom when I get in. Harry's driver picked him up and took him in to town this morning to pick his new clothes. I can hear the shower running and I call through to him that I'm back, smiling at the excited squeak from the other side of the door.

I glance round the room and see that in my absence he's stuck post-it notes around my room with little motivating quotes on for me to find. My parents homeschooling lessons obviously don't include much in the way of spelling and grammar. Stuck across my closet are notes such as;