Fifteen

I decided to stay with Taehyung until I thought that I was ready to go back to living with Suga. I made worthy of my stay, however, because I did laundry and I cooked whenever Taehyung didn't want to, and I vacuumed the carpet as well. I did chores for him unless he told me not to do them, pretty much.

The doorbell rang and a knock sounded at the door. Tae went to open it and I remained sprawled out on the couch, enjoying the smell of food as my stomach growled impatiently.

"Oh, hey!" Taehyung greeted and let in the guest. I leaned my head over the arm rest of the couch to peek at who the visitor was, and saw that it was Suga hyung, of all people.

"Is Jungkookie here?" He questioned and Taehyung nodded, pointing a ladle at me and I shyly shrunk away on the couch. I heard him chuckle, and the sounds of his boots against the kitchen's hardwood flooring echoed until he reached the carpet.

"Hey, Kookie," Yoongi greeted quietly, picking up my legs, sitting down, and then letting my legs rest in his lap.

"Why are you here?"

"Kookie," Seokjin snapped, making me jump because I had no idea that he was even here, "Don't talk to your hyung like that, you should greet him happily."

"Er.. Hi Yoongi. Why are you here?" I sat up, pulling my legs off of his lap.

"Jungkook, I wanted to take you home." Yoongi fidgeted with his fingers in his lap, avoiding my eyes. I swallowed nervously, thinking for a few moments.

"I thought you and Jimin are still together. Wouldn't I get in the way?" I inquired, furrowing my eyebrows as I looked at Yoongi.

"Jungkook, we broke up. I talked to him about everything and you were right. I thought it was unjust that he did something like that to you, so I broke it off. I want you to come back home with me, please," he said in his deep, quiet voice. He grabbed both of my hands and gave them a gentle squeeze, a hopeful smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"You broke up with him because of me?" I blurted. "I-I mean..." My voice trailed off.

"I suppose so," Yoongi admitted and licked his dry lips. They were pink and they surely stood out against his pale skin.

"Alright, I'll get my things."

Suddenly, Jin and Taehyung burst out and cheered about it. I jumped at first, but then mumbled something with an embarrassed smile on my face. I put my clothes into the bag and then got whatever was mine that belonged in the bathroom and also placed it into my bag. I grabbed my stuffed cat and then huddled out into the kitchen with Jin, Yoongi, and Taehyung.

"See? I knew it would be easy. Now, go home and have fun okay?" Jin prodded, pushing us to the door. "I have to talk to Taehyung about something." Seokjin shot Tae a look and Taehyung nervously laughed as he showed us out.

Once back in the comfort of the apartment that Yoongi and I shared, I immediately went to put away my clothes and then made a run for the kitchen. I skidded to a halt in my Iron Man socks and hummed quietly as I heard a laugh erupt from behind me. The cupboard slammed overhead as I whirled with a start.

"Don't scare me!" I whined, flinging a small hand towel at Yoongi, who brought up his hands to deflect the cloth.

"I hadn't meant to," he laughed more and then I huffed and turned around to grab two bowls from the cupboard. I set them down on the counter and then leaned down to reach into the cabinet for a kettle or a pot to cook soup in.

When I finally got everything cooking, I felt two arms snake around my waist as I reached up into the cupboard above the stove's overhang. My cheeks grew warm and not because of the steam. I grabbed the spices and tossed a small pinch into the mix, then placed it back into the cabinet.

"Mm, what are you making, Kookie?" Asked Yoongi, his warm breath hitting the back of my ear as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"You're-uncomfortably-close soup," I hinted nervously, but Yoongi refused to even budge.