Twenty

Suga's eyes widened as he pieced everything together. I could see each tiny piece to the puzzle beginning to fit neatly until he had it.

"You mean it?" asked Suga.

"Yes, of course I mean it. Why wouldn't I?" I went over to him and took his muscular hands in mine with a gentle squeeze.

"Jungkook..." Yoongi wiped his damp cheeks and shrank down shyly, looking so small compared to me now. Something fluttered in my chest as I watched him, and I suddenly let out a high-pitched giggle.

"Aww, look at you! How cute," I cooed, wrapping my arms around the smaller boy's neck. Yoongi let out a quiet groan in protest, attempting to pry me off of him but with no luck.

"Are we going to the mall or what?" He questioned and gave me a tiny smile. I laughed quietly and nodded. "It's my treat," Suga added, rubbing at his slightly puffy eyes.

When we arrived, I sheepishly took his hand because we had agreed on leaving my stuffed cat in the car so that I didn't lose it again.

His skin was soft, yet his fingertips were slightly rough to the touch. I could feel his veins beneath my fingertips as our fingers intertwined, and never before then had I realized how perfectly well our hands fit together. When I looked at Yoongi, I noticed a faint blush on his cheek, since I was walking at his side, and he refused to look at me.

Yoongi's jaw clenched slightly but he never took his hand away. Instead, he let me hold onto him as we walked through the mall, and we went to get clothes from a few stores.

"Jungkookie."

Suga suddenly gave me a wide, gummy smile. He must have spotted something that caught his eye, but he covered my eyes with his hands and guided me through somewhere. I heard the entrance beep as we walked in and a familiar jingle echoed after we opened the door. It was a string of small bells that hung from the top of the door.

I gasped quietly, knowing instantly which store we were in. Yoongi guided me to a small spot, his fairly large hands feeling warm against my face.

"Jungkook, keep your eyes shut or you'll ruin the surprise and then you won't get a surprise. Understood?" He spoke quietly and I could hear him smiling as he spoke, but I also could hear his seriousness behind it.

"Understood." I agreed and covered my own eyes when he removed his hands from them. The sounds of quiet shuffling made my ears perk, and the shop was small and fairly visited so we currently were the only customers inside. Finally, I heard Yoongi talking to a man at the counter before I heard the ruffling of a bag and he came over to me finally.

"Hold out your hands but keep your eyes shut," he demanded, so I did as I was told. I felt his long fingers brush against mine as he placed the handles into my hands. The plastic felt so smooth against my palms that it was almost distracting.

"Okay, now open them," Yoongi said proudly and when I opened my eyes, I saw the pale boy grinning widely at me. I craned my neck to peek into the bag and squealed, giving the smaller boy a tight hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said loudly and squeezed the elder.

"Jungkookie," he laughed quietly, gently pushing me off of him, "do you like it?"

"Of course I do!" I grinned, picking up a stuffed cat, which was a calico colour, from the bag. The spots of yellow and black atop the white coat were adorable, and I clutched the newly bought stuffed cat to my chest happily. Yoongi seemed to relax slightly, and we decided to go and get ice cream from a small parlour near the apartment.

"Jungkook," Yoongi hummed between a small bite of his ice cream cone. I glanced up from mine and licked the flavour off of my lips.

"Yes?" I mumbled, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand for extra measures.

"Look up," Yoongi said simply, and so I did. He looked up as well, and when I looked at him, he was grinning with that familiar gummy smile and it was as if his eyes captured the stars.