Twenty-Three

You know, it's been a while now since we got together. It's been a year, actually. Tonight was my favourite night of them all, however. Tonight was the night that we celebrate our first year anniversary together.

So we lay on our backs, holding hands and staring up at the navy blue sky. There was the occasional lonely little cloud wandering through to obscure our vision of the sky, but there also was the occasional annoying bug bite that dragged our attention away. However, it was worth it. Through all of the little distractions, I still was loving tonight.

"You know, you're the star that shines the brightest. Kind of like Polaris, the north star. You've led the way for me since we first met. There have been plenty of ups and downs, but we made it to where we are now and there's always even further to go," I spoke quietly to Yoongi.

"Sure, but sometimes even the brightest stars run out of gases and just kind of fall apart or explode. Polaris may be the north star, but there are always other stars that shine almost as brightly. The problem with that is that it's sometimes an illusion. If they're close to Polaris, they seem brighter. But there's always those little stars around it that show the truth, that it isn't truly as bright. I don't think I'm like Polaris, but I know I got tricked and I wouldn't pay attention to all of the little stars."

"So, basically," I paused with a quiet chuckle, "anything deep that I come up with for a compliment, you're going to turn into something sad and deeper because you don't like compliments?"

"Sure, whatever you say," he shrugged slightly.

I rolled onto my side to look at him. I loved the way that his dark eyes captured the stars so well, and I could spend hours staring at him like I could spend hours staring at the sky.

After a few moments more, he rolled over to face me and stole a soft kiss from my lips. When he broke the kiss, he leaned his forehead against mine and shut his eyes.

"If I ever get lost, I don't want to lose you," Yoongi whispered, and I brought up one hand to cup his cheek.

My fingertips played with the ends of his mint green hair and I opened my eyes just as he placed his hand over mine.

"You're never going to lose me," I said reassuringly and gave a slight smile that he couldn't see through his closed eyelids.

"Okay," he mumbled, and I had guessed that he was half asleep now.

"Let's go back inside, baby," I suggested and he opened his tired eyes, grabbing my wrist when I tried to get up.

"I don't want to yet," Yoongi said and half pleaded to me with his eyes. "Can't we stay out here just a bit longer? I find everything out here really relaxing."

Of course, I couldn't say no to him.

I find it funny how other couples choose to go to expensive little places for anniversaries and things. We decided to make dinner together and stay out late until all of the stars were awake in the night.

Other couples have fights. We have arguments, but they're really rare now. Oh, and most couples would wait for years to get married, but Yoongi proposed last week. Of course I would say yes, I mean he's the love of my life. I couldn't ever ask for anyone else.

Ever since, we've been talking about starting our own family, too. There were two adoption centres around our area, and there also was an animal shelter about ten minutes away.

We thought about getting a little dog together, and then adopting, but we haven't decided on anything just yet. Besides, we have plenty of years together ahead of us. Plenty of days, anniversaries, starry nights, and I've never been more excited to be able to spend them all with Yoongi.

(A/N: I'm so sorry for the awful ending, but I didn't know how else to end this story! I need to begin/continue other books anyways, but I really hope that you enjoyed this story! Be sure to check out my other stories, however, I'm sure you would enjoy them as well!)