Nico's first day

When his alarm went off and he woke up in the morning, Nico had Hazel's arms around him, and he smiled. He gently tapped her on the cheek. "Hazel? It's time to get up."

She groaned and buried her head in his chest. "Nooooooooo."

He laughed and threw the covers off the bed, getting up. He grabbed his sisters arms and gently shoved her towards the door. "Oh, and where's Leo? He hasn't been in here all night."

Was it his imagination, or did she look guilty?

"Do you remember anything about last night?" she asked.

Nico shook his head. "You came in here and helped me out of a nightmare. Right?"

She nodded, although she still looked nervous. "Leo told me you were tossing around. I told him to sleep in Jason's room. He doesn't know anything about your...reasons...for being here," she assured him.

Nico sighed in relief. "I'll see you in the cafeteria for breakfast, then?"

Hazel left, and he started to get dressed.
Black jeans, black shirt, and aviator jacket, his standard outfit. He brushed his teeth and tried in vain to straighten out his unruly raven hair. He studied himself in the mirror. The bags under his eyes were no longer as prominent , but still defined. He sighed in defeat, and walked to breakfast alone, a bag around his arm with his headphones and camera inside.

Once in the cafeteria, he looked for Hazel. She was laughing with the nine people from the dorm, minus Leo, and Nico grinned. She looked so happy. He was glad to see a smile on her face again after her moms death. It had taken Nico days to convince their father to take her in, and even then he sensed Hades was still wary about Hazel.

He sat down next to him sister, and she turned around quickly. "Nico, what are you going to eat?" Most conversation at the table stopped. He hated being the center of attention.
Nico sighed and lied through his teeth. "I ate a protein bar this morning, Hazel. I promise."

She shook her head. "No you didn't. I checked. You didn't bring any food in your bags. I'll get you some breakfast, and you're going to eat it all."

With that, she walked away. Nico looked around awkwardly, praying no one would ask him why his little sister was checking his eating habits. He got lucky, because a sleepy Leo came in, sat down on Piper's lap, and started eating her pancakes.

"Leo!" she laughed, and she shoved him off her. She did it with enough force to make Leo shoot into Nico, who then tumbled off the bench onto the floor, dragging the mechanic with him.

Percy laughed so hard he fell off the bench as well, dragging Annabeth with him, who in turn grabbed Jason, who grabbed Piper, who grabbed Reyna, and long story short, by the time Hazel got back they were all collapsed on the floor, laughing their heads off.

"I assume you're having fun?" she asked, giggling as she sat on the floor next to Nico and Frank. Nico nodded.

She placed a plate laden down with an omelet, a donut, and a waffle in front of her brother. "Eat it."

Nico sighed. "Hazel, this is a lot of food. I don't know if I can-"

"Nico di Angelo, you will eat this omelet and you will like it."

"Fine! Jeez...."

He took small bites of the omelet, not talking to anyone. He could feel Hazel's watchful eyes on him, even as she talked to Frank. He felt like his stomach was about to burst open, and he'd only eaten half the omelet.

He stood up to throw the stuff away, and silence fell as Hazel got up as well.

"You're not done eating, Nico. Please, at least finish the donut." Everyone stared at the siblings, and Nico could feel himself blushing. Suddenly, Leo, the last person Nico expected to stand up for him, got up and laughed before shoving the donut in his mouth.