The REAL games

They told Nico that most of the time they slept over in Piper's room, as it was the biggest. He'd decided to pack a small bag with pajamas and such, even though it was only about 11:00 in the morning. Apparently, that last Capture the Flag game had been much shorter than usual.

He hummed as he packed, and took his shirt off to remove the gauze.

Someone gasped behind him, and he whirled around.

"R-Rachel!" he spluttered anxiously, his heart skipping a beat when she raised her hands in the air.

"I won't ask. Cross my heart. It's just....you might want to cover those up if we're going to be playing games."

He shrugged and pulled the blankets on his bed around him defensively. "Not like I'll be playing much anyway. I don't know you guys well enough."

"Of course you're playing, silly! Everyone likes you, after what you did for Jason. I can cover those things up for you, if you want."

He looked up sharply, forgetting that he wasn't supposed to be showing emotion. "You can?" he asked, daring to let himself feel hopeful.

She nodded slowly. "Most of them are thin, not raised. That's good. If they were, it would take a lot more than a spray tan foundation mix to cover them up."

Nico let the covers drop. "I am not getting a spray tan!"

Rachel threw her hands in the air. "You are pale, Nico! This will be the best thing for your looks, I promise. We might even find you a girlfriend, and you can take your shirt off with no worry." She winked, and Nico flushed. "I'll go get the stuff, and you might want to change into something a bit....smaller."

"Smaller? What do you mean, smaller?!"

"Nico, I really don't know you well enough to spray tan you when you're naked. You need something like a speedo. What, did you think I was just going to spray tan your back?"

Nico nodded. "Besides, I don't have anything small." He trailed off awkwardly.

She tapped her chin. "Just stay here, I guess. I'll be right back."

Nico sat on his bed and ran his hands through his hair. God, Rachel was just so convincing. It really felt like she could make his scars fade with a simple spray tan. After all, she was the best artist in their class. He mentally slapped himself, though, when he realized he'd already broken one of his rules.

Don't let anyone see you cry. Yeah, that one was out the window.

Show as little emotion as you can. That one too had flown the coop.

And finally, Never tell anyone why you're here. That meant Bianca, his scars, Tartarus, everything. He didn't need anyone else treating him like he was made of shattered glass. Least of all stupid Leo Valdez.

A knock on the door sounded sharply. Nico exhaled and put his hand on the knob, suddenly afraid to turn it. He screw up his courage and shut his eyes as he took a deep breath and opened the door. "Rachel, I-"

"Gang way!" Leo shouted, and a breeze blew past Nico as his roommate sprinted in. He opened his eyes and turned only to open and close his mouth in shock at the very embarrassed, very giggly, very naked Leo Valdez, wearing only his toolbelt, low and on his hips,which left only the bare minimum to the imagination. Nico did not want to see what the back view looked like.

"Leo?! What the HELL?"

"We started the games without you." Leo explained, looking like he was holding back his laughter at Nico's face. "When I wasn't looking Percy threw my clothes out the window. I need new ones." He turned around suddenly, and Nico's eyes widened as he whirled away to avoid something he really would regret, and Leo laughed.