Kiss and Makeup: Part One

Three months after the showcase

If there was one look Nico had never expected to see on Leo's face, it was jealousy.

Especially not jealousy because of him.

(The only good thing of the whole situation was that Leo got possessive when he was jealous. Also, his jealous face was really hot.)

As he lay on the fancy hotel bed that the magazine people had reserved for him, and gazed at the peaceful form beside him, he thought about all the events of the past few days that had lead up to this moment. It was still a little odd to think about, now that the adrenaline had worn off. Their first fight.

It had all started at 1:00 AM, when he was sound asleep.
________________________________

"NICO WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!"

He bolted out of his bed, heart racing.

"What is it?" he asked, grabbing blindly for Leo's arm in the dark. Not a split second after he finally closed his fingers around his boyfriend's wrist, he was yanked out of the bed with a yelp and a painful fall on his rear end.

"The phone the phone and the TV and come ON!" Leo babbled, dragging him out into the living room by his feet.

Nico sat up, blinking in the light. Everyone else had gathered, chattering excitedly. They froze when he was dragged in, before mobbing him exactly as Leo had done.

"Nico! You were on TV! And not for getting kidnapped this time!" Percy exclaimed, giving him a noogie.

"Wha'?" he groaned, struggling to escape Percy's noogie torture.

"Percy, shush. Nico, I'm so proud! They're talking about your prize!" Jason explained, tugging off Percy's hands and giving him a quick hug.

"Guys, we still have the people on hold!" Annabeth chastised, and everyone froze.

"Oh yeah!" they exclaimed collectively, leading him to the wall phone they used whenever parents called. For some reason, cell phones were frowned upon in the school.

"Hello?" he asked slowly, still not quite sure what this whole thing was about.

"Mr. Di angelo?" asked a husky voice, sounding as if this phone call was only one of the many it had to make that day.

"That's me."

"Yes, yes. You'll be glad to know that Ambrosia Magazine has accepted your request to publish your showcase pictures."

"Huh? But I got a letter a month ago that told me the exact same thing-"

"If you'd let me finish, please. Anyway, the pictures got great reviews in our test groups, and the editor wants you to do a shoot with a few new models. A car will be arriving tomorrow at noon to take you to the headquarters, and you and four friends will be staying at the finest hotel overnight for free. Okay?"

"Hold on one second, please," Nico said, putting a hand over the earpiece.

"Reyna! Doesn't Hylla do modeling for Ambrosia?"

She nodded. "Yeah, and Thalia is an editor for the magazine headquarters they partner up with sometimes. Why?"

Nico turned back to the phone.

"Would more than four friends be welcome?"

"Of course," the voice said, sounding bored. "They just won't be payed for."

"My friends and I look forward to the opportunity. Thank you," he said simply, hanging up.

He turned to Jason, Reyna, Hazel, Leo, and the rest individually.