paint baby

luke stood inside their new house, and danced around as he rolled pastel blue paint onto the walls.

he listened to catfish and the bottlemen as he watched the pretty paint go onto the white walls.

he wore a white tshirt under a pair of overall-shorts. he felt pretty, and happy, and everything in between.

"luke?!" he heard so he turned down the blaring music before he saw karen and liz walking in with more paint buckets.

"this is the master room?" they asked, looking around at the blue walls.

"yeah." he said, setting the paint roller down. "follow me."

he led them down the hallway, and through the living room and kitchen area before walking down another hallway.

"one of these rooms is going to be michael's art room, and i don't know what to do with the other two rooms yet." luke said, biting on his fingernail.

"i feel like you've got something in mind." liz said, noticing luke's rushed tone.

"well, i was thinking if maybe michael ever wanted kids too, these could be their rooms, but i don't know." luke said, shrugging his shoulders.

"aw, luke. i'm sure someday he will." karen said, rubbing the younger boys back.

"i was thinking michael's art room could just be the off white color. that's what it is at our old house, and he really likes that. and the other two rooms could be the pink and the light grey."

"okay. i guess we will each take a room and try to get this done today." liz said, picking up a bucket.

luke squealed, running back to the master bedroom.

luke quickly picked his phone up when he heard it start ringing. he picked up the paint roller as he pressed the phone to his ear.

"hey baby. how's it going?" he asked, applying paint to the wall.

"good. what are you doing?" michael asked.

"well. i just woke up, and had breakfast with the moms. i think i might go shopping with them later, but that's about it for today." luke said, smiling as michael believed him.

"that sounds fun. it's 6 p.m. here, so i think i'm just gonna eat dinner and watch a movie or something. it's boring when you're not here." michael said, making luke smile. "anyways, i put the house up for sale a few days ago and we already have a buyer. it's gonna take a month or so before we can close on it, but i'm gonna go ahead and sign the contract, and give it to the realtor so i don't have to stay up here until next month."

"somebody already bought it?!" luke asked.

"in the process, but yes." michael laughed. "and let me just say, after selling this house, if we're gonna get a little house, were going to have a lot saved up."

"it did that good?" luke asked.

"oh yeah it did."

"great. we can get a dog and buy him healthy expensive food." luke said, making michael laugh.

"i'll get you a dog one day." michael assured him.

"yay!" luke squealed for the four hundredth time today. "i can't wait for you to come home."