Chapter 1: New Demigods

Percy Jackson and his friends were on a quest to one of their least favorite places on the globe. Greece. It might seem strange to not like the very place their parents were originally created, but things change in 4000 years. 

             Percy was with his best friends Hazel, Frank, Nico, Piper, and Jason. The group of Romans and Greeks were chosen to find a group of powerful demigods. All they were told was that they were, somehow, in the ancient lands and that bringing them to camp was vital. Beyond that, they were going in blind.

          And for those of you that are blind or have been living under a rock, this group were some of the best demigods in both their camps. Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon and the savior of Olympus. Piper McLeon, daughter of Aphrodite and girlfriend of Jason. Jason Grace, the son of Jupiter (roman counterpart of Zeus) and Piper's boyfriend. Hazel Levesque,daughter of Pluto (counterpart of Hades) and summoner of cursed crystals. Frank Zhang, son of Mars (counterpart of Ares), best archer at camp, and boyfriend of Hazel. And last, but not the least, Nico DeAngelo, the son of Hades and the Ghost King. 

         ''Do we seriously have no idea who these demigods even are,'' Piper says, annoyed at the quest. 

           ''Don't look at me, Annabeth doesn't call me a seaweed brain for nothing,'' Percy responded. 

           ''I don't even sense anyone near us,'' Hazel said. ''And I can always tell when someone is close.''

          ''Someone explain why we didn't bring our trusty satyr, Grover, with us,'' Percy asked.

          ''Because Chiron told us that we would be able to find them without him,'' Jason said.

         ''You are so much of a boy scout that it's annoying,'' Nico says in his usual dark tone.

          ''Like we say, he's Superman,'' Frank joked.

          ''Don't call me Superman,'' Jason growled, annoyed.

            ''Can we get back to the mission at hand,'' Piper says.

         ''What she said,'' Percy agreed. 

         The group of demigods had been wondering through the forest outside of Athens. If anyone would have to worry about being there the most, it would be Percy. Athens is the sacred city of Athena, so anyone associated with Poseidon would need to worry. There's always that not-so low key rivalry between the two gods. 

          After a while of walking, the group came to an arch in the middle of the forest. It was like the gate back at Camp Half-Blood. it was covered in Greek writing. It said ''Prostasía tis kardiás''. Translated, it meant protection of the heart.

          ''Does anyone else feel a sense of deja vu,'' Jason said.

          ''It's just like the doorway back at camp,'' Piper agreed.

         ''Might as well see what's on the other side,'' Percy says. ''If it's anything like camp, we'll see something completely different on the other side.''

            But before the six demigods walked through the arch, a screech came out of nowhere. They had to cover their ears so their ear drums wouldn't explode. A creature came flying at them. 

          It was a giant lizard-bird-lion hybrid. It had a body like a lion but with human features. Giant  lizard claws as hands and feet. Its wings were lizard scale bird wings. Its face was a cross between a lizard and a lion's face. But the big kicker was that the entire creature was made out of stone.