Chapter 30: A Father's Legacy

''You really think that calling a monster of the Underworld can help you,'' Clarisse taunted. ''We're the strongest cabin at Camp Half-Blood.''

          ''Somehow, I completely doubt that,'' Harmony says. ''I could be beat you with my powers tied behind my back.''

           They raised their weapons toward them. She looked annoyed.

          ''They always make me do this,'' she complained.

           He throwing star appeared in her hand. The other four also drew their weapons. All Chaos broke loose. The primordial might have actually been proud of the fight that took place.

           White snapped his fingers. ''Cerberus!''

          The mythological dog growled at the warriors. He scared them enough to make them back up a few feet. White pulled back his bow and let an arrow fly. It hit the sword of an Ares camper, shattering the blade.

           ''How,'' he gasped.

         ''When given the proper velocity, an arrow can shatter steel,'' White says, notching another. ''I'm not the son of the wild for nothing.'' 

            Two of the warriors charged him, only to be straight up flattened by the front paw of Cerberus. White just smirked.

         ''My little friend, here, doesn't like people attacking me,'' he teased. ''He's a very loyal friend when you actually take time to get to know him. He's a puppy more than a monster.''

           Cerberus barked, with joy, at him.

          ''Love you to, buddy,'' White said. ''And don't call me lord.''

         Harmony didn't want to kill these demigods. It wasn't in her nature as the daughter of a nature goddess (pun intended). She used her throwing star as a shield against their swords and spears. Then she thought, ''Harmony, you idiot, we're in a forest. Use your powers.''

        ''You guys have made many mistakes since we've met, but do you know what the mistake was this time,'' she asked.

          Their stupidly blank faces told her they didn't have a clue. 

        ''You messed with a daughter of Demeter in a forest,'' she finished.

          She rose her hands, and giant venus flytrap plants grew. They snapped their jaws with deadly force. The plants moved to her will, going after the war-craved demigods. Their vines twisted around them. They tried to slash through them, but the flytraps took one bite of their swords and ate them. 

          ''Mom always said it's good to have iron in your diet,'' Harmony joked. ''That, and cereal. I prefer the food from my cornucopia.''

          ''Head's up, Harmony,'' Frank yelled.

         She ducked as an arrow flew over her head. It opened up, releasing a net. It quickly tied up another Ares kid.

         ''Got to love these trick arrows,'' Frank smirked. ''Let's see if the training that White's been giving me has paid off.''

           He concentrated on one single part of an animal, letting it become him. He remembered everything that White told him to master partial-shifting, as they called it. ''Don't try to force it'', he says. ''Don't think of it as a simple thing to control,'' he says. ''Animals are a part of you like any other body part,'' he says. Now, it was time to see if he was right.

           Frank felt himself get taller, and a little heavier. He looked down to see that he had heavy duty elephant feet. White once told him that elephants are respected because it is thought they can move the earth with their strength.

          ''I'll take it,'' Frank said.

          He raised one of his elephant feet and stomped. It caused an earthquake effect around him. The Ares kids were knocked off their feet. They tried reaching for their weapons, but something made them move away.

            Frank looked at Hazel, who was commanding their weapons.

          ''Since when can you do that,'' he asked.

           ''Pretty sure I always could, but never tried,'' Hazel says. ''Celestial bronze, imperial gold, and stygian iron are all precious metals, right? Besides, what type of girlfriend would I be if I let my boyfriend die.''

           ''Wait a second,'' Frank halted. ''Where's Nico?''

          The couple darted their heads around. With all the flying weapons, Harmony's giant plants, and Cerberus, they couldn't find the son of Hades.

         ''This disappearing act is a little much, even for Nico,'' Hazel says.

         White's only opponent left was Clarisse. Her skill was definitely above her sibling's. She would hit away every arrow he shot at her. But she got in one lucky swipe with her spear. It left a cut on his cheek. But what came out was what made her nearly drop her spear.

          ''Gods of Olympus, what are you,'' she freaked.

         White wiped his face, looking at his blood. He knew that reveling his secret would do this. His blood had turned to gold.

          ''The golden blood of the gods,'' Clarisse gasped. ''You're a god?''

          ''God, no. Immortal, yes,'' White says. ''Will you leave us alone now?''

         ''Not gonna happen,'' Clarisse said. ''Mark!''

           Another Ares boy appeared, but he wasn't alone. The ogre boy was holding a struggling Nico. A sword was close to his neck. The very sight made White's eyes change.

        ''Give us the key, or your brother dies,'' Clarisse threatened. ''You freaks will fall by the hands of real demi...AH.''

           White had grabbed her neck, making her drop her spear. He changed. He grew pitch black fur, ironic. White's legs changed to the hind legs of a panther. He got claws for hands. Panther ears replaced his own. He had emerald green cat eyes. 

          ''Better option,'' he growled. ''His life, for yours.''

           The daughter of Ares was speechless.

          ''What's the matter,'' White taunted. ''Cat got your tongue. RAAA.''

            Mark was so scared that he dropped Nico. He ran to White, drawing his sword. White let go of Clarisse, letting her drop.

           ''What are you,'' she asked again.

          ''I am the demigod son of Pan, god of the wild, and adopted son of Hestia, goddess of the hearth,'' White says. ''And to make things clear, threaten my family ever again, and I will kill you. I will unleash the entire animal kingdom on you.''

           His panther ears twitched, hearing something.

         ''Time to leave,'' he said. ''Cover your ears, Nico.''

          He did just as a floating panflute came from behind the trees. It was playing its sleep song. Every demigod it passed suddenly fell asleep. It was soon just the five Kardias. The flutes flew into White's hand.

         ''Talk about great timing,'' Harmony said.

        ''Ironic, as there are no clocks in the wild,'' Hazel joked.

         ''I'd be insulted, but it's completely true,'' White laughed, changing back and jumping onto Cerberus. ''Hop on, guys. Time to go.''