Chapter 4: Demigod Training

It had been a little over a week since the American demigods had come to Kardia Sanctuary. They were growing accustomed to their ways. They were even getting used to the harpies and dragons. Even though the only one that met, they didn't try to roast them alive, was Drago's dragon. They later found out its name was Night.

                The group had also finally learned the godly parentage of the other Kardias. Lyon was the son of Khione, the goddess of snow. Which explained his cold personality. Angel was the daughter of Artemis, which she had promised to explain to them later. Hawk's the son of Aeolus, god of the winds. Harmony's parent is Demeter, the goddess of nature and the seasons. White was the only unknown factor.

               ''What are you guys up to today,'' Frank asked them, as they had been outside or a while.

               ''We have a little clearing in the woods,'' Harmony explained. ''We normally go there to do training. Most of the demigods here plan their own training.''

                 ''Would you guys like to join us,'' Angel asked.

                 ''Why not,'' Hazel says.

                 The Kardias lead their friends through the woods. A the daughter of the nature goddess, Harmony lead the way. The ground seemed to gain life just from her just being near it. Grass grew and flowers bloomed. 

                ''Why does she have to be so bright,'' Nico mumbled, the plants dying around him.

                ''I can't help what the plants do around me anymore than you can control your death aura,'' Harmony said.

                 ''You seem to be a lot more powerful than the Demeter kids back at camp,'' Piper said. ''How?''

                ''We don't really know,'' Angel said. ''We've spoken with children of Hecate, and not even they know why.''

                 ''The closest we've gotten to figuring it out is how we know that powers are controlled by emotions,'' White says. ''And with us, emotions definitely unleash a lot of power.''

                  ''Curious,'' Hazel says to herself, having been the one most intrigued by White.

                 The group walked into a clearing. A simple clearing in the forest, surrounded by gray rocks. A small stream was nearby. Most likely for the use of  aquatic demigods like Marina or Percy.

                 ''How do you guys even train around here,'' Jason asked. ''At camp we have dummies, sparing matches, and capture the flag.''

                 ''We prefer a less traditional means,'' Hawk says, turning to the others. ''What do you guys think? Minotaur?

                   ''What,'' Percy freaked.

                    ''Not this time,'' Marina said. ''How about some hellhounds.''

                   ''Say what,'' Piper panicked.

                   ''Too easy,'' Lyon says. ''I vote for venti.''

                    ''Perpono,'' Nico swore, speaking in Italian. 

                   ''I have no arguments,'' Angel said. ''Hawk.''

                    ''Oh, so because i'm the son of a wind god, you think I can call those creatures,'' he protested.

                    The Kardias all looked at him with ''seriously'' faces.