15

Taehyung's heartbeat almost stops along with Genesis's.

He is never this frightened in his life. Just like how Genesis is his first love, this is a first.

He is an angel, exists to maintain peace. He is supposed to be fearless, powerful and with his powers, he can foresee ones' future, stop bad things beforehand.

But with Genesis, he is fearsome, powerless and his powers lost. This curse is a death curse, resulting in the darkness of Genesis's future.

He is scared. He never wants to lose her.

"Give her a break, she is okay now." Jin declares with beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

Battling the curse is a tough job, he is exhausted.

"Tae ah, go and change. We'll look after her for you." Jimin urges him.

He refuses to let go of Genesis's hand, not to say leaving her side, "No."

"Just change out of your wet clothes, she will be worried if you fell sick," Namjoon speaks.

Hoseok got the message, he forcefully pulls Taehyung out of the room. Jin exited the room to prepare some medicine for her.

Yoongi lowers his head, "I'm too careless. Sorry."

"Ain't your fault," Namjoon assures him.

Jungkook stares after Genesis, "Nuna... she's regaining conscious!"

"Gene ah." Jimin approaches her, calls her softly.

Her eyebrows furrows, soon after that her eyes flutter open. She stares at the ceiling, eyes void.

The voidness in her eyes scares him, "Gene ah, how are you feeling?"

"Nuna, you want some water?"

She kept quiet. Eyes focused on the ceiling, shuts everything out.

Jungkook panics for a little, "Jimin hyung, what's wrong with Nuna?"

Genesis is recalling the pieces of memory. She remembered everything.

Her mother wanted to kill her. Her father wanted her to live her own life bearing the curse.

She is cursed. All these unfortunate things happening in her life, it is all the curse's work. It makes sure that she can never live her life peacefully until the day she dies, painfully.

Everything makes sense now. How the seven noticed her. How she suffered multiple diseases.

Her inner demons caught her once again, What if Tae loves me out of pity?

"Genesis, can you hear us?" Namjoon asks.

She finally looks away from the ceiling, but now her eyes are cold. They look like they are dead.

"Gene ah!" Taehyung barges in, and hugs her tightly, "You scared me to death! Don't you ever do that again."

Her silence alerted him, he pulls away hesitantly and looks into her eyes, "Gene?"

She opens her mouth, only to utter Taehyung's deepest fear, "You lied to me about everything."

All of them too stunned to react.

She found out. But how? Taehyung's thoughts went into a frenzy.

"Please, all of you, give me some time alone with Gene."

They guys went out but stood by the door to eavesdrop.

"I didn't mean to lie to you. We found out about it not long ago, it's hard for us to process it too. But how did you..."