You're a Dad

Lance hadn't come out of his room in weeks. Not even to eat. He was destroying himself. He didn't shower either and he barely drank anything. He was starving and dehydrated. He resembled a holocaust victim with how he'd been treating himself. The only person who came to his room in those weeks was Pidge to give him a letter that he was just now opening. He slid it open slowly and hesitated to pull out what was inside. He pulled it out and saw that it was a picture with writing on the back. He read the writing first before even looking at what the picture was.

Hey buddy, I know you feel terrible and don't want to know anything about the baby unless Keith lets you but I thought you'd at least want this. You're a dad Lance. I know how you get when you're stressed. Please don't let your baby grow up without both it's parents. ~Pidge

Lance turned over the paper and saw the black ultrasound picture. The small life had it's hands up and it's feet crunched in tight. Lance started to cry as he stared at his baby. He wished he hadn't hurt Keith like this. He wished he could be there to comfort him through this. He loved them both so much if only they knew. He did want to be part of his child's life and he wanted that life with Keith. He liked Keith before he was a girl. He just wanted to hold him...her whatever. He loved Keith and their baby he carried. He started to sob and got up. He grabbed a thumb tack and put the picture next to his bed then walked to his door painfully. He could barely walk with how little he's eaten and how dehydrated he was. He opened the door. It was time for him to suck it up and leave his room after weeks...months he didn't know.