Straightest

Zachary's POV

Ah, high school. Who could hate it? It's a place full of pubescent teenagers itching to make something of theirselves, and possibly some of the nicest looking girls you'll ever meet. The hottest, Taylor Haynes, happens to be the lucky one, though, the one that gets to date me.

"Zach!" Speak of the Devil's wife. From across the hall, Taylor was smiling like an angel and waving her free hand frantically in my direction. Smirking, I waved back, before shoving my hands deep into my pockets as she approached me confidently. Her red coated lips pecked my lips, and her freckle dusted cheeks flushed a cute pink at her actions. "Hey," was all I spoke to her, which was enough to get her to pool to a puddle at my feet anyway. She may have been the most popular girl in school, but she was still susceptible to my sexy charm.

"So the big game's today." I nodded, walking beside her down our school's hall towards her second class period.

"And you know who's gonna win?" I spoke confidently, looking down into her beautiful Earth-like eyes. She smirked, shrugging. "I don't know. The Roundsville Rioters are pretty good, I hear." Her tone was playful, her eyes glowing with joy at teasing me. I chuckled, turning to wrap my arms around her petite figure in retaliation. Laughter shot from her throat at my tickling fingers, the sound pulling the strings to my lips into a smile. Her laugh was nice, and I always loved listening to it, and so did the few stragglers staring at us in the halls. I could sense their prying eyes, but Taylor and I ignored them like we always did because we were always stuck in our own little world. We never gave two shits about what other people thought or how they saw us.

We were happy like we were.

"Are you sure about that?" My fingers worked expertly against her thin shirt, dodging her swatting hands and hitting all the right spots. Her laughter borderlined a hyena's, but that was the best kind of laughter a girl could make.

"N-... no! St-op! The Bul-ls... you guys! The bu...lls are gonna win!" She said between sucking in breaths of oxygen. I smiled cheekily at her, finally ceasing my assault. "Exactly."

"Excuse me." Taylor turned her attention behind me as a familiar voice uttered impatiently. Pivoting around, I came face-to-face with the bafoon of our school: Andrew Parsley. Subconsciously, I smirked, having done so every time we ever talked to each other. It was like a habit one couldn't exactly shake because of how irrevocably fun it was. Although we rarely saw each other outside of football practice, seeing him now was just a treat.

Andrew had his thick eyebrows furrowed, his blue eyes blazing into my brown ones, and his ample, almost girl-like lips down casted. His square jaw was taut as he pointedly looked between Taylor and I. "What? Can't handle a little happiness, Parsley?" He licked his lips, rolling his eyes as if he was in agonizing annoyance. Good.

"No. That's my locker you two are blocking." Oh.

"Oh! Sorry!" Taylor exclaimed, hopping away from Andrew's locker as if she was in trouble and locked her eyes into an accusing glare on me. I gave her the 'what?' look to piss her off. "Zach here just randomly started tickling me. Didn't mean to block your locker." She gave the ferret a sorry grin, which she really didn't have to, but that was the thing about Taylor. She may be popular, but she wasn't some cliche popular girl in those movies like Mean Girls. She was too sweet, and that was another reason why I liked her so much. She was different. Especially with her exotic red hair and succelent smile.

Taylor lightly punched my shoulder like it was my fault for blocking his way, then gazed above our heads at the clock. She gasped dramatically. "I'm gonna be late!" And then she took off down the hall to her class. Like she always did, even unitentionally, he made me chuckle as I kept my eyes fastened onto her rushing form. She ran like there was a bomb about to explode and she was in range of it. She could be very dramatic, if you haven't noticed. Another thing I couldn't not like about her.