Go Straight There (3)

"Okay. Remember. The rules are, you have to kiss whoever the bottle lands on, on the lips, or you both take a shot from this here bottle of whiskey."

I licked my lips, readying myself for a game full of swings from a bottle of whiskey. Taylor glanced my way, and I looked back at her in a reassuring way, hoping that would be enough for the both of us.

I truly did not know how this game was going to go, and I definitely didn't know what I was going to do if the bottle I spun would land on a specific someone.

Would I drink, or put all these thoughts into a trash can and drag them down to the dumps and just act on what I wanted to do?

What were the odds, though?

I focused back into the circle, where Mandy Hartfield was spinning the bottle. It landed on a girl dressed as Charlie from Supernatural. The two girls stared, then they decided to take a swig from the bottle. Next was Derick Hawkins - a certafied genius. He spun the bottle, and it landed on Taylor. I immediately locked my eyes on his, finding that I only did it for show when in reality I couldn't have cared any less if they kissed. I found it disturbing.

That's how you used to be.

Derick eyed Taylor for a moment, but I could just see he felt my false glare, thought better of it, and drank the nasty substance. Taylor followed suit, giggling into the bottle.

And then the game went on, with people either drinking from the bottle - which was a biohazard at this point - or stealing kisses from a random boy or girl. I, on the other hand, sat there, wondering why I even joined the game if I couldn't kiss others, then realized I didn't want to kiss anyone.

So that's what I did not do: kiss a single person. The bottle landed on me a few times, but I obviously declined. That, I could only say for myself.

When it came down to one girl's turn, Allison's, she spun the bottle and it landed on Andrew. My wasted self perked up, leaning forward on the edge of my seat in this movie, watching the cat-like girl crawl her way over to Andrew in unwonted suspicion. I knew they were going to kiss; it was so obvious, yet I so badly wanted Allison to sit her little butt down back where she came from and not kiss Andrew at all.

She kneeled in front of Andrew for a long time, her sultry smile filling me up with unwanted jealousy - I'd rarely been jealous with Taylor in the past - to the point where I almost got up and left. Taylor's hand sticking out and taking hold of my arm stopped me. She wasn't looking at me, but deep down, I think she knew.

She knows everything about me, even the things I don't want her to know.

"Don't," Taylor whispered, barely loud enough for me to hear amongst the loud hollaring of the others around. She was running her hand vigorously across my forearm, an act that was surprisingly soothing; and it made me reluctantly look away from the pair.

I needed to stay focused. Stay focused Zachary.

So to offset her ascending anger, I calmly spoke to her, "I won't. . .," but being completely smashed, I could barely figure the words out myself. Trying to understand what I had just said was like picking all the hairs off your body with tweezers. It was obvious I had drank a little too much, more than last Sunday, and that was bad. So bad. I hadn't even noticed the amount of booze I had gulped down in the last three hours - or wait, it had been longer than three hours.

How?!

Taylor swiftly turned to give me a look of panic. "What?" I blinked in response, taking my arm away from her hold. The little force I used made me fall over a bit, but I caught myself. She, too, caught me, and I didn't brush her off this time, letting her hold me steady for a little while, like she'd been doing this whole time I've known her.