Chapter Six

Vanilla.

The scent is powerful, everywhere, and clogs my senses the second I blink my eyes open. My settings looks vaguely familiar and everything is fuzzy as I try to piece together where I am. The first thing I notice is the tan arm thrown over my waist and my head on a strong shoulder. Slowly everything comes back to me.

The storm closing us indoors.

Us watching cartoons.

I lift my head slowly from Drew's shoulder which he doesn't even notice.

Someone clears their throat and I look away from Drew's sleeping face and up at the entry where Evan, Drew's manager, stands arms crossed with a disapproving frown on his face. He motions for me to come over so I tip toe over where he stands until we're standing face to face.

"What were you two doing?" He demands in a quiet voice.

"We were just sleeping."

"What are you still doing here anyways? All staff was dismissed earlier."

"It was raining." I explain.

"Ever heard of an umbrella?" Evan glares at me.

"Excuse me?" I glare back, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Ms. Nancy is slipping." He mutters the same time we hear Drew groan in his sleep.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're the exact thing I warn Drew about. He has a world tour to get back to in a few weeks. He doesn't need any distractions."

"It's not like that between us." I try to reassure him.

"Well if you want to keep this job, it better stay that way." Evan threatens in a low tone. I stand there unsure of what to say or do.

"Hey, what's going on?" I hear Drew asks in a groggy voice. I turn to him just in time to see him standing up from his seat and stretch.

"Hey man." Evan's face suddenly softens. "I finally got those sketches for the merchandise. We need to finalize the final look for the hoodies and T-shirts by tonight."

"Alright, just give me a minute." Drew replies.

"Don't keep me waiting too long." Evan says with a easy smile on his face but then he turns to me the smile is gone. He gives me one last hard stare before leaving the room.

"Hey, everything okay?" Drew walks up to me. "What was Evan talking to you about?"

"Just wondering why I was here so late." I shrug. I wasn't sure if I should tell him that Evan threatened me.

"It looks like we fell asleep huh?" Drew replies while shoving both hands inside the front pockets of his jeans.

"I'm sorry about falling asleep on you. I guess I was more tired than I thought."

"You don't see me complaining do you?" The easy smirk that I'm getting used to appears and I can feel myself blushing.

"I should probably go home now." I tell him, remembering the look Evan gave me before he walked away. "What?" I wonder out loud when I notice Drew was just watching me with a smile on his face.

"Nothing." He shakes his head. "It's just that... you're really beautiful when you're asleep."

"Thank you." I really needed to get out of here. I'm afraid the longer I stay the more likely I would become one of those girls who hung his posters on their wall.

I walk back to where I sat and picked up my dirty dishes. I don't need Drew to lead the way this time and I find the kitchen by myself. Drew wasn't too far behind, adding his own dirty dishes in the sink along with mine.