Glide and Drop

She was confused as she watched my every move. Her expression was a mixture of anger and confusion.... Or fear and confusion.

Anger is driven by fear, and fear is driven through powerlessness/sadness/confusion.

"Cheerilee, I'm sorry for anything I ever did to you. I'm very sorry. I- don't know how to make up for it, but I do know that us fighting is not the way!" I began my heartfelt speech to her. My bones felt fiery, my blood rushed, and I do admit it, I was fearing for my life right then and there...

But if I died trying to show her the light in the darkness....
Then so be it.

No emotions leaked through my expressions. I stood strong.
I stood strong not for myself, but for my friends, my chosen family, my pack, and my comrades.

I wouldn't let them be hurt.
I would show Cheerilee to the light just like I did with them. I would provide her with healing.... Slow, but yes, it was healing. Healing is healing, it doesn't work right away. It takes time.

"Please, I want to start over. I'm not what you think I am. I never meant to come off like that... I'm just afraid... Like you." I spoke to her. She interrupted my speech.

It looked like I was getting through to her somewhat, but not completely. I saw hurt in her eyes... All her eyes said was the emotions of her past...
Like me.

"You don't know my feelings! Nopony does! You can't possibly understand!" She shouted. She had the right to feel like that...

"I know. I know I couldn't possibly understand what you're going through, but please, I don't want to fight... I want to be there for you. I want to help you." I tried to speak again, but was immediately cut off by Cheerilee again.