Whispers In The Dark

Kailyn's POV
After hours of crying and grief, we knew we had to escape but we had a tough decision to make. The decision we had to make was to either escape with Daniel's body to get him home to his family or leave him and escape without the risk of being caught. We knew that one of those choices would ensure us escaping, the burden of having to drag dead weight around would make a lot of noise and would slow us down a ton.

L: Kailyn!! We can't leave him here 😭
K: Lauren, think about it! We need to escape right?
L: right...
K: Just imagine having to carry dead weight around. That would slow us down so much.
L: but he's not just dead weight Kailyn! He's my love!
K: Lauren. Listen to me. We have to leave him. We have no choice. We won't have any chance of getting out of here if we don't.
L: Fine 😭
K: I know it's hard for you to do this but you know it's the right thing to do.

Lauren slowly walks over to him and puts her hand on him. "I'll never forget you" "I love you Daniel" she stutters through her tears and kisses him gently on the head

K: ok let's leave him be. He will be ok.
L: let's just find a way out.

Lauren's POV
We look around the room. My eyes keep moving to Daniel. I know Kailyn didn't mean it. I really hope she knows that. I miss him.

Kailyn's POV
I skim my hands on the cold brick. Slimy and cold. Feeling for the outline of a door or an entrance of some kind. I spot a rusty handle in the middle of the wall. I dash over and yank at it. I fall to the floor. The cold handle in my hand. Broken to pieces. I look up and see that I have make a huge hole in the bricks. But not quite but enough for me to fit through. I kick and tug at the bricks until the last of the pieces break off. Lauren watching me the whole time. We both run to the back of the room to see the full size.

L: woah, good job.
K: thanks *i say with a smile*
L: now let's get the heck outta here!

We then start heading towards the whole. Lauren looks at Daniel one last time. She couldn't help but walk over. "My love, never forget me" "I will always love you" Then she kept walking. We almost made it to the hole but something stopped Lauren dead in her tracks.

Lauren's POV
I felt something cold grab my hand. My heart starts racing faster than ever. Kailyn looked back and gasped, crying. Not saying a word. I start to slowly turn. The hand still grasping mine. "I love you more" Daniel smiles weakly through soft tears.