The Hunger Games

Kailyn's POV
I wake up to the sound of scratching in the walls. Probably rats. Lauren and Daniel fell asleep next to each other. They are still holding each other close. I decide to give them some extra time to sleep. I need to handle Corbyn. I don't think they will be able to deal with seeing him like this anymore. I go over and grab his arms. Pulling him into the other room and propping him up against the wall. I then go back into the white room. Corbyn needs some peace and quiet. We can't be worrying about him. We need to move on. I then get Corbyn's hoodie that fell off when I cut him free, and wiped up the pool of blood on the floor. It got most of it up. I then do the same thing but with the walls. That only smeared it around more. I'm halfway satisfied with the cleaning job so i decide to look around to get familiar. Everything is just so simple. No way out. I then feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I look down and realize that you can see my ribs through my stomach. None of us have eaten since we got kidnapped. I then eye Corbyn. His body has not started to decay yet. I hate myself for even letting the thought of eating one of my best friends cross my mind. We have two choices. Either possibly escape by eating him, or leave him there, let him decay, and then die of starvation before even getting the chance to escape. I know Daniel wont like it. I'm not sure about Lauren. I then go and wake them up. Their stomachs screaming from the lack of food.

K: Umm guys..

D: yes?

K: I think we have an extremely important decision to make.

L: *nervously* what is it.....

K: we all three have not had anything to eat since Tuesday. I know our bodies are screaming for some nutrients. If we don't eat soon, then we don't even have to worry about the killer. Our stomachs will eat themselves if we don't eat something.

L: so what are you saying?

I slowly turn and eye Corbyn. Daniel stands up and starts backing farther into the room.

D: oh no no no no no. I am not going to eat my best friend. You are a psychopath.

K: i know it sound complete insane..

D: THATS CAUSE IT IS!!!

K: just hear me out. Corbyn is already gone. He'll be decaying soon. Now take a look at our situation. We haven't had anything for as long as I can remember. Now take a look at us. We are nothing but skin and bones at this point. We have to eat, and it doesn't appear that this crazed person is going to bring us a five star meal anytime soon. We cant just sit here and let our bodies waste away. We have to be smart.

D: alright I see what your saying. Doesn't mean that I like it or that I'm up for it. But lets say that me and Lauren both agreed to do it. How are we going to... cook him? We cannot eat him raw. That will make us die faster than starvation would.

K: good point. But first I need to hear you say that you'll eat. There's no point in making this huge plan for you to just die on us and not eat.

L: ill do it.

D: wha?!

K: alright. Good. *interrupting dani*

D: Lauren you cant!

L: baby. Look at me. Look at us. We need to eat.

D: *tearing up* but i don't want to eat corbyn.

L: darling, stay with me. If you go. You'll be taking a piece of me with you.

K: dani, you know we have to do whatever it takes to make it out alive.

D: ill do it.

L: thank you.