First Chapter: "The Contract"

Dedicated to
Calienia. Thanks for being there, sis. This chapter is for you! ^-^ 

First Chapter
“The Contract”

Four Years Later
Monday
Sara’s POV

I walked down the hallway, sighing as I headed towards the cafeteria. This would be my last year of high school, and then I’d move out of my home and take over my mother’s position in the company, just like what had been planned since I was born. And as long as I didn’t screw things up, everything would be okay.

Walking into the bathroom, deciding I would take a quick checkup, I glanced over my blonde bouncy hair and blue eyes. Grabbing my cover up from my purse, I did a quick touch-up, and put it back. I then re-applied my strawberry lip-gloss, and blew a kiss towards the mirror. It was a habit I had before lunchtime every day to make sure I looked my best. With a friend like mine, well… let’s just say, you’d better be looking your best.

I straightened out my white noodle strap shirt, and adjusted my jean shorts before walking out of the bathroom, ignoring the snort behind me of some girl who was probably jealous of how good I looked. Hearing my high heels click against the floor was somewhat relaxing. I had to admit, that out of all shoes, high heels probably boosted confidence the most. Smirking, I walked into the cafeteria, knowing I was getting looks cast in my direction.

It was normal when you were the second most popular girl in the school.

Walking over towards the best table in the lunch room, I sat down next to Emily, straightening out my top, and glancing at the other teenagers sitting at our table. One half of it was jocks, players, and those sorts of guys and the other half was the girls who hung out with Emily and me. They were on the cheerleading team with us, and it was known that they slept around a bit…

“You’re late.” Emily said with a fake smile, looking around the cafeteria as she tried to keep the act of politeness. The other kids didn’t pay attention to us, since we usually held small conversations with each other that they weren’t supposed to listen to.

“Sorry.” I said, smiling as well. “I was held up in my history class.”

Emily’s eyes narrowed. “I’ll get her fired.” She said promisingly, talking about Ms. Evans.

I nodded, knowing it was best not to argue with her. Her aunt was the principal, and completely oblivious to Emily’s real attitude. Last time Emily got a teacher fired, it was Mr. Harvey, and she had stated that he tried to sexually touch her, so one small slip to the principal, and Mr. Harvey was gone and in jail. Of course, I thought it was a bit harsh, but nothing the guy couldn’t handle. He had, after all, told Emily that unless she wanted to be a dumb idiot for the rest of her life, she would have to start paying attention in his class.

Emily’s eyes seemed to have locked on someone else across the lunch room, and I followed her gaze to unsurprisingly land on a group of pathetic emo kids. I was unsurprised because for some reason Emily hated them. The only reason they weren’t out of the school, is because Emily is having a fun time ‘playing’ with them.  Though, a second later my eyes widened as I saw one of them was openly breaking down crying.

Emily smirked as I glanced over at her, and she stood up. I immediately shook my head as she picked up her lunch tray filled with disgusting… whatever it was… and looked like she was getting ready to go over there. I stood up and pulled on her arm. “Emily…”

“What?” She said looking slightly surprised when my hand locked tighter around her wrist.

“Don’t do it.” I said glancing over at the girl, wincing at her running eyeliner. “It’s obvious she’s having a bad day.” I don’t know what came over me, but I didn’t want her to cause more damage… maybe I had not enough sleep the previous night… I glanced back at the girl and realized other people were glancing at her, as well. An emo guy wrapped his arms around her and whispered something to her. She opened her eyes and glanced over in my direction before shaking her head and getting up from the lunchroom and running out. The guy chased after her, shortly followed by the rest of the group.