Twenty Second Chapter: "Fighting For My Life"

Dedicated to
Candypop98 Thanks for your comment on the last chapter! :D Hope you enjoy.

Twenty Second Chapter
"Fighting For My Life"

A Little While Later
Sara's POV

~

I felt something floating around me, and I slowly opened my eyes. They widened as I looked at my little sister...

"Riley?" I whispered, gasping. "Where are we?" I looked around at the white blankness, absolutely nothing in side part from two doors that were standing dramatically on other sides of the area.

Riley smiled. "You've always been the one to ask questions." She sighed then laughed. "We're in the inbetween." The smile disappeared as she pointed to a door.

"If you go through that door, you can be there with me." She stated, and my eyes widened. 

I can be here with her?

She then pointed to another door. "If you go through that one, you can be alive."

I swallowed. "Riley, why am I here?" I whispered softly. "I don't want to do this..." 

She smiled sadly. "Sometimes we have to choose, like I did."

I stared at her shocked. "You.. You left me..." I felt a tear leak down my face.

She wrapped her arms around me. "I couldn't deal with the pain, Sara." She pulled back and sent me a stern look. "Seth is out there, right now, wanting to talk to you." 

"What? No... No. He hates me. I screwed up." I denied, shaking my head.

Riley snorted, then flicked me on the nose.

"You're in the hospital, Sara. You can choose to fight this..." She tried, but I shook my head taking a step back.

"Riley... Seth hates me. Oh god, he hates me. I'm a horrible person, I don't deserve-"

"Stop thinking about what mom and dad said, and listen to me!" She snapped suddenly, and I blinked surprised as I watched wings spout from her back.

She seemed surprised for a moment, before shaking her head. "Listen to me, Sara. You need to fight this! I'm here to make you realize, that mom and dad, they weren't right. They were sick, twisted, and messed up, and they put lies into your head so you would be the way they wanted you to be."

I stared at her surprised and she sighed. "Sara..." She shook her head.  "Seth loves you, the rest of the group was hurt. But they're all in the waiting room, they want you to live. They want you to apologize. They want you to be their friend."

I felt tears come from my eyes, and I reached forward hugging her tightly.

"I'm so sorry Riley." I whispered, and she grinned. "I know, but you can't blame yourself. It's dad's fault."

I smiled sadly and nodded.

"I love you little sis."

"I love you too, now go get your man." Riley grinned, pointing towards the door.

I opened the door, and sent her one last smile, a tear sliding down my face before I stopped, looking back at her.

"Riley?"