Twentieth Chapter: "Because You're Worth It"

LOL. This chapter (because of the title) would not stop reminding me of TheCookieMonster's because you're worth it (boyxboy) story! So if you have time, you should go check it out! Link will be in the external link, because hells yeah, that's an awesome story.

Dedicated to 
Immlaaarr Because I love her stories to death, and her as a person. She has some seriously awesome youtube videos, that make me want to hug her to death. She encourages me to be a better writer myself, because she's just that fantastic. xD 

Also, short chapter because cliffhanger, dur. :3 ;D And because I wanted to torture you guys one last time... xD This story is ending soon D: </3

Enjoy!

Twentieth Chapter
"Because You're Worth It"

The Next Day
Sara's POV

I swallowed uneasily.

Today, was Monday. 

I had gotten dressed in a My Chemical Romance t-shirt, skinny jeans... I had really gone all out on it. Took extra care to tease my hair, do my makeup... Make sure everything was perfect.

It'd be the last time I dressed like this.

I took a deep breath, brushing a strand of hair out of my face gently, before sighing as Chris' van honked outside.

I walked down the stairs quickly, savoring in the feeling of being different.

It would be the last day afterall.

I don't know why I'd miss it, but I would. After this I could get on with my life...

But...

I... kinda wanted this to be my life...

I swallowed, hurrying over to the car and sliding in, smiling at the group as they smiled back.

I wished they wouldn't.

 I slowly walked to my first period after we arrived, laughing at Devin's silly jokes and grinning at Karley's roll of her eyes every time Devin thought of a new joke.

I savored each moment someone would glare at me, my converses would squeak on the floor and the teachers sending me hostile comments.

I savored each moment of the day, as though it would be my last, hoping to make sure the emo's would realize how much I actually liked their company, how much I liked talking with them, or joking with them.

And then lunch rolled around, and I made sure to take a deep breath as I opened the door, getting ready for the meal as though it would be my last, when my eyes landed on the table where Seth and Claire were sitting...

And I knew I couldn't do it.

I took one look at Seth's happy face, and realized... I couldn't do it. 

He had lost so much... All of them had. 

I found myself backing out of the cafeteria, tears pricking my eyes.

I... can't do this.

I found myself automatically running for the one place that made me feel comfortable.

The tree where the stoners and outcasts hung out.

Immediately getting there, I found myself leaning on the tree for air, and looked up to see the same guy who had been there the first time.

He smiled. "You look like you have a few worries."

I snorted. "Do you say that to everyone?" I tried not to let him realize I was on the verge of crying and he surprisingly laughed.

"Only to the people who look like they do." He replied as I slid down against the tree, letting my head rest against the sturdy wood.

"So, what's the matter?" He questioned, also sitting down against the tree, and I grimaced.

"I screwed up." I whispered softly.

I should never have interuppted Emily from embarrassing the emo kids...

He nodded. "We all know that feeling." He stated gently, and I surprisingly laughed.

"I really screwed up... and now... this guy... I got him involved in it..." I murmured softly and the guy nodded, shaking his head.

"I might as well tell you that my name is Alec." He smiled and I nodded, smiling.

"It suits you."

He smiled, motioning for me to continue.

I sighed. "I... like this guy. But I can't like him... I can't be with him... I really, really can't." I muttered, and Alec frowned. "But that doesn't stop you from liking him," He guessed and I nodded.

"I.. really can't help but like him." I mumbled. "He's just... so nice." I sighed, knowing the word nice really didn't suit him as well as a few others would, but it would do.

"And how did you screw up?" He frowned, and I closed my eyes.

"Another girl is trying to get him, and I... sorta butted into it..."

"Then fight for him." Alec stated, and I blinked looking up at him.

"W-What?"

"Fight for him." Alec repeated, looking out at the kids that were loners, and outcasts.

"If you don't, you'll just turn into one of them." He pointed out at the kids, and I blinked.

"They've all given up on loving people, or people loving them so they're out here... chasing away their worries with drugs and beer."

I frowned, looking out at the people. "But... I can't..."

"Is he worth it?" Alec questioned, and I didn't even heisitate.

"Yes."

"Then what are you waiting for?"

I found myself shaking my head, though a smile came to my lips as I found myself asking me a question.

Is Seth worth dying?

And I found no other answer than... Hell yes.

I looked up at Alec, grinning widely.

"Thank you." 

"Anytime, Sara." He smirked, and I waved at him as I went to go run back inside, but I froze when I realized what he said.

I whipped around to face him, but he was gone...

He had used my name. He knew my secrets... Oh god...

Seth, you dummy! My mind chirped, and I swallowed, turning back to face the school.

I needed to go inside. I remembered, shaking it off.

Because Seth was worth it.