Tenth Chapter: "Touring Town With The Emo's"

*rolls eyes* so this was posted a little sooner than expected because my sister decided she didn't wanna wait until tomorrow and decided to spam my message board along with her friend.. xD And although it was funny, I'm giving in because I don't like all that spam on there :P 

*Ahem* 

Dedicated to
 DancingInTheDark_ Thanks for commenting and voting! :D 

Tenth Chapter
"Touring Town With The Emo's"

From Left Off Moment
Sara's POV

I left the bathroom in a haze. What Claire had said echoed in my mind.

'You're just like me.'

'We don't work for what we want.'

'We trick other people.'

'It's a funner lifestyle than others.'

She was... right. God, how the hell was she so right!? For the past couple of years, I've been telling myself that I was different than them. That I was doing this for survival... But I was no better than them, was I?

I... like Seth had pointed out... I didn't work for what I wanted... I... I had it handed over to me, like I was royalty or something. And I was tricking the emo's rather cruelly... I was, after all forcing them to like me, without them even realizing it. And I was going to end up hurting them, dumping them like they were nothing... And even though I wouldn't call it fun, I was making no less of a move to hurt them, to maybe let them in on it perhaps, so they would know I wasn't really trying...

'But you can't do that, you dummy. If you do, then Emily will find out somehow, and she would be even more pissed off than if you didn't do it all together.'

I bumped into something hard, and grimaced about to mumble a quick apology to the stranger I had accidentally bumped into, when I looked up into familiar dark gray eyes.

"Uh... Sorry, Seth." I muttered, ready to move past him when he rolled his eyes and kept me still before I could dart past him.

"Where's Claire?" He demanded, his eyes surprisingly worried.

I shook my head at him, unsure of how to cover for Claire. "She just... had to go and do something important..." I murmured weakly, trying not to focus on his warm hands gripping my shoulders.

He frowned. "Something so important that she couldn't say goodbye?" He pressed stubbornly.

"Uh, She..." I swallowed. "Just know that it was really important. And why are you even trying to ask me? Jesus, just call her or something." I finally managed and pushed myself away from him with a shiver.

Seth was just...

Weird. Yeah, that was it. Weird. He was a total loser, and way too big on questioning. Yeah, that was it.

Seth rolled his eyes. "You were the last one she talked to." He pointed out with a sigh as though I was an idiot. "So, she probably told you what she was really doing."

"Uh, no. She just had a family thing that was really important and had to leave and wanted me to cov- I mean, she wanted me to tell you and that was it." I blurted out and watched as he snorted though appeared to be amused.

"Are you afraid of me or something? Jeez." He looked like he was trying to hold back laughter and I stared at him unsurely, my mouth open slightly in a mixture of shock and confusion.