1: The Great Game

Summer '18

--STAMPYS POV--
"Everyone?!" I said in disbelief, I can't think of anything worse! I thought to myself, but it wasn't worth telling my boss that.

I put my phone down on the beach, Sqaishey walked over to me and sat on my sun bed,
"What's up?" She asked me.
"We have to go and stay in this house with Squid, Nicole, Amy, Tom, Netty and Ash."
"And it's.. mandatory?" Beth asked me, looking as unexcited as I was when I heard the news.
"It's mandatory." I confirmed, ".. and it's tomorrow."
"What?! Where is it? How long do we have to stay there for?"
"Three days." I muttered, "I know I feel the same.."
"Stampy I don't want to go." Beth told me, clutching my arm.
"Come on Beth.. let's just go.." I sighed.. This was gonna be a quiet and very awkward three days..

--SQUIDS POV--
"Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope." Nicole responded, "no I'm not going to go. Not with Sqaishey. Nope."
The thought of Sqaishey being there disturbed me, this wasn't the sort of 'fun-house' I wanted to go to. Our boss obviously didn't know us very well.
"He said it was mandatory.. we gotta go."
"I'm sorry but your boss isn't my boss!" Nicole responded.
"Nicole you aren't seriously going to make me go alone to this one." I said, basically pleading.
"Okay fine." She sighed. Rolling her eyes. This is going to be so bad..

--ASH'S POV--
"Yo Amy!" I called from the kitchen, she walked out of her office and sat on the chair beside me.
"What?" She asked, looking up at me, she looked angry.
"Did you just get the same call as me?" I asked her.
"I don't even want to talk about it."
She groaned, "Netty and Stampy and Sqaishey! I can't stand them anymore!" She said, I bit my lip.
"These are gonna be the three longest days of my life..."

--NETTY'S POV--
"Well then..." I said, looking at Tom.
"This will be interesting.."

--SQUIDS POV--
"So this is it.." I said, driving down a road, there was a huge mansion in the distance.  "It's pretty huge, at least we can avoid the rest of them."
The house was gigantic, huge stone pillars held up the third and fourth stories and a sandstone tower overlooked the french countryside, yes, the house was in France. We had to drive all the way to France for this. If we had done this say.. Five years ago I might have looked forewords to it.. But all eight of us had fallen out, we weren't friends. We had been through Twitter battles, and rather hurtful phone calls and honestly.. Right now I was hoping that another car would pull out in front of me and we'd crash. Just to avoid going to this house.

It turned out that we were the last to arrive. I lifted Nicole and my suitcases out of the boot and opened the front door.
Everyone was in the hall with their suitcases.
"H-hi." I said awkwardly, everyone blankly smiled.. this is too awkward I'm going to melt..
"So.. have you just got here?" I asked everyone,
"Every single door around here is locked, we can't move from the hall." Stampy said,
"What?" I responded, pushing down on the door handle, it wouldn't budge.
"Have you tried contacting Maker?" I asked,
"They said we had to wait." Ash said, Nicole and I looked at each other, then proceeded to walking back towards the door. I'm done with this crap. What even is this?!
"Well does anyone need a lift home?" I asked before the front door slammed in front of me.
My eyes widened, I tried opening the front door again.. nothing..
we were locked inside.
"What. The. Hell." I shivered, feeling freaked out.
Everyone else started to try the door. There were no windows, just four locked doors.
Then a speaker sounded as a microphone squeaked. A female computer-generated voice spoke:

"Hello everyone, and welcome to the Great Game."

Everyone stared at each other in confusion. As the speaker continued to talk,
"Maker Studios have realised that the old YouTube family have broken up. This isn't right. Today we are going to sedate you and put you into a dream together. Nothing in this dream will be real, if someone dies, they will wake up, however you will think that everything is real and not remember this conversation. This dream will encourage teamwork and secrecy. Every now and then the lights will flicker three times to remind you that you are dreaming. Good luck."
"What the hell is going o-" I began, before I was shot with a tiny arrow on my neck, making me pass out. Remember that this is a dream... I have to remember that I'm dreaming...

****

I woke up beside Sqaishey. We were in a small room with four walls. Each wall had doors in them.
Sqaishey's eyes opened at the same time as mine, I hadn't quite seen eye to eye with Sqaishey in the past, she didn't like me and I knew that.
She gazed at me, feeling as confused as I was.
"What's going on?" I muttered, my head was painful and so was my neck.
"Where is everyone? What happened?" Sqaishey asked, looking around. She was wearing an off-the-shoulder grey sweater, she wore big silver hoop earrings and a matching necklace. Her mascara had transferred below her eyes, neither of us knew how we got here.
"Where's everyone else?" I asked her, squinting in pain.
"I dunno.." She responded, breathing heavily and turning on all fours.
"Are you okay?" I asked her, trying to change her view on me.
She nodded, "yeh.. Which way do we go?" Alright, don't bother to ask me if I'm okay.
I looked around; there were four doors. One of them, I assumed, lead to where we needed to go.
We stood up, I was so confused to why we were the only two here.
The light flickered three times.
"Oh yes of course.. We're dreaming."
"What?" Beth asked,
"This is a dream! Is isn't real! Kill me! I'll just wake up! I'll kill you-"
"What?! Get away from me!" Beth defended, leaning against the wall. "Is this your solution to all this? Pretending it's just a dream?!"
I sighed.. Was I the only one who remembered that this was a dream..?
And if so.. how were we going to get out of here.