10: Game Over

--SQUIDS POV--
Anxious, I backed off. Stampy was there.. But there was no sign of Sqaishey. I couldn't believe that the fact of Stampy being the murderer never occurred to me;
"I know you're there." I heard his voice. My stomach shivered, everything felt so wrong, so terrifying. I still could not see Stampy's face. It was just the cluster of brown curls above the grey satin sofa.
"Where's Beth.. What have you done to her?"
"Nothing." Said Stampy.
I took a daring step forward.
My heart thudded,
"We were left a note -Beth and I- saying that if we convinced you that we loved each other within the next 24 hours.. You would still be alive." I admitted, my head bowing. "We were pretty unbelievable.." I sighed, "yet you're still alive 24 hours later."
I took another pace towards him, I was stood about three metres behind the sofa, there was still no sign of Beth.
"You left the note, didn't you? You were the last right-handed person! You killed Nicole! She was the one you were supposed to share a room with, you killed Ash with a punch with your right hand! You killed Amy and Netty and.. You left the note for me and Beth as an anomaly to make me not accuse you before."
"You're a murderer, Stampy." I told him, feeling nervous.
I heard Stampy taking a few large breaths and so I took a step back incase he was to leap onto me with a knife.
I looked at the ground, my eyes cast upon a red pool of blood.
"Beth..." I breathed, my eyes watering.. How could I have let her in here alone? Why didn't I stop her?
"She's not dead." Said Stampy out of the blue.
I had no response to this.
"You.. You seem so certain that I wrote the note.. That I'm still alive now because I'm the murderer.." Stampy took another pause to breathe, making me step forward again to listen.
"I'm not alive, David, because I'm the murderer.." He began, "I'm alive.. Because I know that Beth loves me.. In the real world."
Those words struck me, the lights started to flicker, and they didn't stop, it was as if my whole world was a stop motion animation.
I ran towards Stampy, shocked by his words.
I ran in front of the sofa to see Stampy, slouched on the sofa with blood spilling from an open wound in his chest.
"Wake up!" He breathed, before I almost sensed his consciousness leaving. His eyes were open but they saw nothing: he was dead. Or.. Or was he awake?
"Stamps?! Stamps!" I yelled, shaking his shoulders... But he was the only suspect left! He killed all those people...
"Did it never dawn to you why we woke that time in a small room filled with four doors. Did it never occur to you that any one of those doors could have lead somewhere else.. Like.. Say.. A room with Nicole in it?" I heard a voice.. It was Beth. But I couldn't find her.
"Did you never suspect the girl who was also right-handed but never wrote her name down on the piece of paper?"
I couldn't believe the words that were coming from her mouth.
"I killed Nicole. I killed Beth. Netty? Remember after Tom died I gave her a glass of water... It wasn't water.. It was mixed with a poisonous alkaline."
"Shit.. No Beth.. It's not you." I muttered. "Christ Beth you're my only alliance!" I turned away, head in hands I faced the wall-
"Did that kiss mean nothing to you?" I asked her,
"Yes." Said Beth in response. I took a look down at Joe, the wound in his chest was still bleeding and the lights continued to keep flickering.
All of a sudden a huge jab of pain overwhelmed me. I yelped in pain, Beth had stabbed me,
"Beth no! Beth you- you wouldn't do that! Be.. Aaggh.." I leaned on the sofa in pain, to nauseated to look at Stampy.
"No I wouldn't do this.." Said Beth, "but anything is possible.. In a dream."

At once I shrieked and my eyes opened... I woke up...
We were in the hall of that house which all of us were supposed to stay at for 3 days.
Netty and Ash were talking.. Stampy and Amy, Sqaishey and Nicole.
I woke up panting, everyone cut off their conversations and stared at me.
"Wow.. Are you alright?" Netty asked, surprised at my sudden entrance.
"Yeah... Wow.."
I briefly took a subtle glimpse at Beth before leaning my head against the wall catching my breath,
"Sshit.." I breathed, intercepting a few chuckles.
"Maker Studios drugged us." Tom said, "something that made a few of us share a dream,"
"Yeah, I woke up first and saw a load of wires attached into your arms, I think there were two separate dreams." Nicole added, taking my hand, I was still in shock.
"Who was it?" Netty asked, "you and I were in the same dream- who was the murderer?"
"Don't you know?" I asked her,
"No I just suddenly felt really ill and woke up- not a clue what happened- Tom and I have been completely puzzled, I think it was Joe- but Tom's thinking Amy."
Joe, Beth, Ash, Amy and Nicole both looked very confused- so they weren't real in the dream.. They were just made up versions, holograms, basically our self conscience.
"You're both wrong- I thought it was Stampy too but it turned out to be Sqaishey."
"Aw man!" Tom laughed.
"What was your dream about?" I asked Joe and Beth, they just looked at each other and laughed,
"Well... I could tell you but I think that maybe we could try and get out of here?" Joe suggested,
"Good idea." Replied Amy, standing up slowly. 
I took a deep breath, realising it was all over.. the great game was over.
We went upstairs to where there was a large seating area, we spent hours laughing and joking, that dream had made us appreciate each other again, I was even getting to like Sqaishey.

In fact, I hadn't had this much fun chatting with my friends in a long time, it was like 2013, when we were all friends. It was like nothing changed.
And while we were chatting and laughing, no one seemed to notice the lights flickering 3 times..

The End