Chapter 24

The more I try to move on, the more I feel alone. So I watch the summer stars to lead me home. [Owl City - Silhouette]

Alvia's POV

"Alvie!" I could hear Amy calling for me from the distance. I walked faster with my hand covering my mouth. I couldn't face her, my face was burnt red. I could remember clearly what had happened in class before. That time, I was going to turn in our works when someone suddenly pushed me. Ms. Shevlin stood there, right in front of me. I could tell she was startled when I fell and caught me right in time... But wasn't strong enough to withstand my weight. We fell backwards. I was on top of her, my arms beside her head trying not too oppress her.. It was too fast until I realized that our lips had met. My eyes went wide as it happened. We kissed. I kissed her. Oh, God...

"Hey, Alvie!" Amy yanked my arms, breaking my thoughts. I pouted as she studied my face.

"Did something happen?" she asked

I looked away and shook my head.

"Well, if you're not going to say I would just assume it myself," she said nonchalantly

I squinted my eyes, "And what's your assumption?"

"Can't tell you," she shrugged and walked to the nearest wooden chair. Crossing her legs, she looked at her nails, pretending to ignore my question.

"Yes you can,"  I retorted, rolling my eyes

She raised one of her eyebrows and said "I just kind of see something that time,"

I was taken aback by her words. How could she see that? She wasn't in the angle to see us. "What did you see?" I asked

She put her forefinger underneath her chin, looking at me with a smirk. "I.. saw.. that.." she said it slowly, teasing me, "You.. two.. were.. ki--" I quickly covered her mouth before she said it any further. She grinned at my reactions.

"No way," I sighed

"I didn't see it, but I saw Ms. Shevlin touching her lips. So I just assumed it that way." she explained. Now, that is weird. She assumed from a little thing like that? This girl is a seer.

"Looks like I was right," she smiled widely. Crap, I thought. Mentally banging my head.

Amy then looked deep into my eyes, "Do you not trust me?" she asked softly

"It's not like that.." I put my head low as I said that

"Do you not realize how much she likes you? And how she gets jealous of me being so close to you? Do you not see that?"

I looked back at her, trying to think what she just said. "Finn and I been trying to  make her jealous and looks like it works" she laughed.

"Oooh, that's why you were sticking to me like glue the whole time and you were faking your sickness too, right? That makes sense now," Amy just nodded vigorously at my words. "Wait! Did you guys also plan to make me fall?" I asked.

She blinked a few times and stuttered,"N-n-no! That was pure accident!" she laughed nervously

"Okay..." I said, "Why do you care so much?" I asked again

"Uum, because I'm a good and amazing friend," she complimented herself which made me laugh. Then, we walked together to our next class

>>>>>

At home

I sat on the carpet, watching television in the living room and also doing my homeworks. It was quiet so I set up the volume high. It was 10 pm, the maids probably had gone to their room. Here I was by myself. Mom hadn't been home for a long time.. more than 2 weeks I guess. It honestly got a little bit lonely. And dad? I hadn't seen him since last year. I took out my phone from my pocket and stared at its walpaper. It was me, my dad, and mom. I was in the middle and they both kissed my cheeks. We were happy. I missed that moment so much. I bit my under lips to keep me from crying. I'm used to it, why cry now? I whispered to myself

Then, it happened again. I felt that terrible pain from my head like the last time. No way, not now please, I thought. I laid my head on the pillow beside me hoping for the pain to subside. A tear rolled down my cheek and my vision gradually became blurr. It stopped after a few minutes, I sighed in relieve. My phone buzzed at the same time. I looked at the caller ID and my heart skipped a beat.

Rylie-san is calling

I got a sudden stomachache and contemplate whether I should pick it up or not. After awhile, I finally pressed the green button and put the phone on my ear. I didn't say anything, though.

"Allô?" I heard her speaking 'Hello' in french. I inhaled some air to give me strength to talk. Her voice literally sounded like heaven. Eventhough I had never been there..

"H-hi, Ms. Shevlin. Can I help you?" I finally replied

"Well, um, yeah. About today.." she said

"I know, don't worry. It's only an accident. I'll forget it." I cut her quickly. I didn't want her to say anything hurtful anymore. That's why..

She didn't say anything, it was dead silence for awhile. "Yeah, okay then. Goodnight," she hung up before I replied. I stared at my phone. My heart sank thinking back about the kiss. Her lips was soft and tasted like strawberry. It must have from her lipgloss. That was my first kiss. Why would my first kiss had to be an accident?

>>>>>

Rylie's POV

I hung up the phone call and stared blankly to it. She definitely hate me. I was pacing back and forth, thinking if we actually could 'make up' or at least, back to like we used to. An insane idea even crossed my mind that I might give us a shot. But she turned me down before I could say it. She also said that she would forget it. For me, the kiss felt so.. real. But, to her, it's just an accident. I guess, she might have moved on. I scratched my head and laughed. Oh boy, a freaking high-schooler is totally messing with my mind. I didn't know what she had done to me. I remembered when she  first came to our school she already attracted so many attentions. She was kind and gentle, everyone wanted to befriend her. She smiled a lot, but at the same time she also had a thick brick of walls around her, not everyone could get close to her. I was one of those people and I was happy when I could get to know her, but now I had destroyed it..

She was just a new student and she stole everyone's heart with her adorable smile. Before I knew it, she already stole mine too.

******

Lol, they contemplate a lot. Short conversation Alvia with Ms. Shevlin after awhile. I hope it's alright.
What do you think?

Vote and comment ~ :)