Chapter Fifteen

The men's laughs ceased.

Rong Tian lowered his head, "He won't be making a move now, however if he incites you to make any changes to the original journey plans, it may be the prelude of his treachery."

Feng Ming affirmed the King's warning with a nod before quietly leaving the cart with Li Er.

"Prince, Official Zhang has been awaiting your arrival." Official Xia greeted the Prince with a big grin as he pointed towards his welcoming party.

"Since the Prince has outdone himself in Fan Jia, Prince's status as reached a new plateau. Countries are eager to cater to you. This time they sent a delegate to greet us fifteen Li ** away from the city! Prince is certainly the pride of Xi Rei."

Feng Ming heeded the King's cautions so he was on alert. He watched the old man's moves very closely whilst he nodded his head absentmindedly.

Nearby Official Zhang was gathered with a small crowd of important figure heads, they were pleased to see him.

"It's been many days, pray the Prince has been well?" The warm official smiled ear to ear as he lifted his cupped hands to greet the Prince. "Yong Yin's Zhang Qian at your service, we have been looking forwards to this reunion."

"Sorry for all the trouble."Feng Ming sincerely replied.

"The hostel for the Prince and his guests have been prepared, Zhang has readied a grand feast. Please Prince proceed towards the city."

Everyone was weary from being on the road for days on end so naturally the chance to rest was enticing. The envoy from Xi Rei made haste and entered the city to celebrate their achievements thus far.

When night settled in, the promised grand feast was buzzing with energy and the scent of tantalizing food permeated the air. Official Zhang played personal host to the Prince. Feng Ming invited General Tong, official Xia and Li Er to accompany him.

Rong Tian stayed hidden in Feng Ming's new sleeping quarters at the inn. Before Li Er's departure the King commanded, "Go along, be careful."

Li Er was a clever one, during the entire evening he stayed beside the Prince. Each time alcohol was thrust in front of his master he would swiftly interfere and down it in his place. Lie Er was an abnormally attractive youngster, even for his age he was a skilled courtesan. Switching on an air of charm and seduction was child's play as he immediately attracted many of the guests. He gave Feng Ming a run for his money in the limelight.

After three rounds, Official Xia's face was flushed as he radiated alcohol's warmth. He shuffled closer to the Prince and tug softly at Feng Ming's sleeve. Gaining the Prince's attention he whispered, "Li Er is acting strange today, Prince better stay alert."

Although Li Er had been dragged a short distance away by Official Zhang he kept in check by using his peripheral vision. Seeing that Official Xia was only chitchatting to his master he returned to the duty of consuming endless cups of heavy wine.

Official Xia glanced towards the outside and asked, "Prince, I want to talk to you privately. Perhaps if would be better to step outside."

If the same question had been asked yesterday, Feng Ming would have darted outside with no reservations. Today he shook his head calmly and whispered, "It's cold and dark outside, Official Xia if you have something you wish to tell me, you can do it here."

The old man chortled and stroked his beard. He was rather tipsy and started to speak rumblings like a drunkard. "The Third Princess is famous far and wide, yet she is not the most beautiful woman in the world. Do you know who has that title?"